Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Cigarettes in Costa Rica", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/10/2014 -- The approval of tobacco control legislation during the second half of 2012 significantly impacted cigarettes in 2013, with new taxes and a smoking ban changing smokers? consumption habits in Costa Rica. Besides the sudden increase in the unit price of tobacco and the ban on smoking in public places, packaging restrictions (effective since June 2013), which prohibit the sale of cigarette packs other than 20s, drove consumers to re-evaluate their options and opt for value-for-money alternatives. This scenario and the ongoing weak economic situation saw the emergence of a new price segmentation strategy, which focused on applying cost reductions (value-for-money alternatives) and maintaining the most successful products, such as the recently launched Viceroy and Derby soft boxes and L&M Forward (menthol capsule).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Costa Rican tobacco industry is dominated by the world?s largest manufacturers. Tabacalera Costarricense SA, a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, remained the category leader in 2013 with a 58% share of volume sales, followed by British American Tobacco Caribbean & Central America with a 36% share. Both companies enjoy a privileged position within the category, supported by top-of-mind global brands and economy-of-scale production systems.
The new tobacco legislation which was approved in 2012 is anticipated to continue to affect the performance of cigarettes over the forecast period. This includes bans on advertising, certain pack presentations and smoking in public places. Manufacturers will likely continue to focus on different benefits, encouraging consumers to opt for certain brands on a regular basis. Product development should keep moving towards versatile alternatives (menthol capsule filters) and more convenient packs.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigarettes industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigarettes industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigarettes in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports, and exports of finished cigarettes
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigarettes in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What is the legislative environment like in Costa Rica?
- What are the rates of cigarette taxation in Costa Rica?
- Do premium, mid-price or economy cigarettes dominate in Costa Rica?
- What is the rate of illicit trade in Costa Rica?
- How many smokers are there in the country?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: High Tar Cigarettes, Low Tar Cigarettes, Mid Tar Cigarettes, Ultra Low Tar Cigarettes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tobacco in Costa Rica
- Travel and Tourism in Costa Rica to 2018
- Cigars in Costa Rica
- Retail Tissue in Costa Rica
- World Cigarettes Costa Rica
- Bleach in Costa Rica
- Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Costa Rica
- Dishwashing in Costa Rica
- Irex de Costa Rica SA in Home Care (Costa Rica)
- Costa Rica Tourism Report Q4 2014