Fast Market Research recommends "Cigarettes in Greece" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/06/2014 -- The illicit trade of cigarettes in Greece continued to thrive in 2013, resulting in huge losses for tobacco manufacturers. There were three types of products available on the black market, these being regular branded products which have been illegally imported, counterfeit products using established brand names without a licence and what the industry terms as 'illicit whites', meaning 'fake' brands that are exclusively available on the black market. The latter accounted for around 45% of illicit cigarette sales due to being the cheapest options, with prices starting from EUR1.00 for a pack of 20.
Around a 43% share of cigarette sales was accounted for by multinational players in 2013, namely JTI with a 15% share, BAT with 16% and Imperial Tobacco with 12%. Domestic players, however, have a strong presence, the most prominent being Papastratos with a 38% volume share. Globally, however, the company belongs to Philip Morris International. Other key domestic players include Karelia with a 7% share and SEKAP with 5%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With the way prices are currently, premium brands are set to gain share in the coming years. Overall, however, cigarette sales are expected to continue to decline, partly due to the recession, with more Greeks quitting or at least reducing their consumption, and partly because of growing health awareness and the rising share of illicit sales.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigarettes industry in Greece with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigarettes industry in Greece, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigarettes in Greece market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports, and exports of finished cigarettes
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigarettes in Greece?
- What are the major brands in Greece?
- What is the legislative environment like in Greece?
- What are the rates of cigarette taxation in Greece?
- Do premium, mid-price or economy cigarettes dominate in Greece?
- What is the rate of illicit trade in Greece?
- How many smokers are there in the country?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: High Tar Cigarettes, Low Tar Cigarettes, Mid Tar Cigarettes, Ultra Low Tar Cigarettes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cigarettes in Colombia
- Cigarettes in Chile
- Cigarettes in Belgium
- Cigarettes in Venezuela
- Cigarettes in Switzerland
- Cigarettes in the United Kingdom
- Cigarettes in Belarus
- Cigarettes in Cameroon
- Cigarettes in Spain
- Cigarettes in Saudi Arabia