New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Cigarettes in Slovakia"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2014 -- In 2013 what resonated the most for the cigarettes industry was new EU legislation which entered into the force or will in the near future. In Slovakia the law protecting non-smokers entered into the force in July 2013. Since 1 July smoking in shopping malls and areas where food is served is forbidden. Even though the Ministry of Health asked for a total ban on smoking in shopping malls, the Slovak parliament passed a law according to which smoking is still but only allowed in places structurally divided to where smoke cannot enter the publicly accessible areas of shopping malls.
No tobacco producer has its own production in Slovakia. Imperial Tobacco Slovakia had its own production at the beginning of this century, but in 2004 it ceased production in one of two factories in Slovakia and closed the second factory in 2008. Thenceforth Imperial Tobacco Slovakia acts on Slovak market as commercial marketing company only. In the year 2013 Imperial Tobacco Slovakia held a 39% market share and ranked second in retail volume sales of cigarettes. Leader in the category remains Philip Morris Slovakia with a 44% share.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Drivers in the forecast period will be new launches. More manufacturers will come up with menthol capsule innovations, so as not to fall behind the competition. However, Chocolate and Vanilla flavours will not be permitted within a few years and menthol cigarettes will only be allowed until 2020. Strong emphasis will be also on cutting production costs to in order to increase turnover. New planned legislation requiring warning pictures on packaging may also impact sales and number of smokers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigarettes industry in Slovakia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigarettes industry in Slovakia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigarettes in Slovakia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports, and exports of finished cigarettes
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigarettes in Slovakia?
- What are the major brands in Slovakia?
- What is the legislative environment like in Slovakia?
- What are the rates of cigarette taxation in Slovakia?
- Do premium, mid-price or economy cigarettes dominate in Slovakia?
- What is the rate of illicit trade in Slovakia?
- How many smokers are there in the country?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: High Tar Cigarettes, Low Tar Cigarettes, Mid Tar Cigarettes, Ultra Low Tar Cigarettes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cigarettes in the US
- Cigarettes in Finland
- Cigarettes in the Czech Republic
- Cigarettes in Colombia
- Cigarettes in Chile
- Cigarettes in Portugal
- Cigarettes in Guatemala
- Cigarettes in Denmark
- Cigarettes in Venezuela
- Cigarettes in Ireland