Handle a flood-damaged HVAC unit with care
Alvin, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/21/2017 -- As the greatest disaster in Texas history descended upon the Houston area, Texans demonstrated countless acts of courage, compassion and generosity. Now, as this community continues to clean up in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, it's important to keep that spirit alive.
It's also important for everyone to stay safe. So it is with that goal in mind that Clear the Air, the HVAC company committed to the Houston, TX, area, offers the following post-storm HVAC tips as residents return home, survey the damage and tackle cleanup.
1. Make sure to inspect the heating and cooling system carefully and remove any debris before making any attempt to plug it back in or turn it on. This is for personal safety as well as the protection of the HVAC system. If everything appears in order, it should be OK to try turning it on. However, if there are any doubts, it's best to have the unit inspected by a professional.
2. If the unit has been submerged in water, contact an HVAC specialist. The technician has the experience and training to determine if the system can be repaired or should be replaced.
3. Sometimes, a simple fix is all that is needed such as cleaning the condenser coils or replacing the circuit board.
4. When deciding whether to repair or replace a flood-damaged unit, keep in mind that dirty floodwaters can eventually lead to corrosion and system failures. Floodwaters can also cause an HVAC system to operate less reliably or efficiently.
5. Floodwaters can cause mold or bacteria to grow inside HVAC parts, so thoroughly clean the tubes to safeguard indoor air quality.
6. Flooding can restrict or block the airflow of an HVAC system. A trained technician can test the airflow and make repairs if needed.
7. If the unit needs to be replaced, a new unit could pay for itself quickly through greater efficiency and lower energy bills.
Clear the Air has the experience, expertise and training to tackle any cooling or heating issue, including furnace repair in Houston, TX, and beyond. To learn more about its full range of HVAC services, visit Clear the Air online or call 832-224-5595.
The team at Clear the Air is inspired by the heroes who have emerged in the face of overwhelming adversity. Carry on, good people of Texas!
About Clear the Air Cooling & Heating
Clear the Air Cooling & Heating is a family-owned, second-generation business serving homes and businesses in the Greater Houston area. Clear the Air's mission is making every home and business comfortable and cozy. Its dedicated team also provides indoor air quality services. To learn more about Clear the Air, visit the company on the web.