Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/12/2019 -- Clostridium difficile Infections Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Approximately half a million infections and 29,000 deaths in 2011 were associated with Clostridium difficile Infections.
2. High Incidence of Clostridium difficile Infections is observed among the females as compared to males.
3. Clostridium difficile infection is the most common hospital infection with increased incidence and hence, contributing 12.1% of healthcare-related infections in 2011.
4. In the United States, Clostridium difficile infection occurs primarily in hospitalized patients, causing as many as 3 million cases of diarrhea and colitis per year.
DelveInsight launched a new report on Clostridium difficile Infections Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Clostridium difficile Infections market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Clostridium difficile Infections epidemiology and Clostridium difficile Infections market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Clostridium difficile Infections market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Clostridium difficile Infections market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Clostridium difficile Infections market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Clostridium difficile Infections market.
Request for sample pages
"Diarrhea caused by Clostridium difficile infection is also linked to 14,000 American deaths annually."
First step in the Clostridium difficile Infections treatment involves stopping any antibiotics that may have triggered the Clostridium difficile infection as soon as possible. The most commonly used therapies for C. diff are antibiotics. There are many types of antibiotics available, some of which move throughout the blood stream, and some that target certain areas of the body. The purpose of treatment is to eradicate C. difficile infection and promote restoration of the normal colonic flora. Clostridium difficile Infections Treatment depends on its severity.
However, there are some limitations with the standard antibiotics Clostridium difficile Infections treatments. Since C. diff is often resistant to many types of antibiotics, researchers have been looking for more effective treatments. One promising option is fecal transplant, which works by fixing the balance of microorganisms in the gut. The extensive use of vancomycin has led to some C. difficile strains being resistant to the antibiotic. Despite the efforts hospitals go through to combat rates, many are still experiencing outbreaks. The effective Clostridium difficile Infections treatment remains an important element in managing the challenges associated with C. diff infections in the hospital. Use of metronidazole has been associated with treatment failure and the reasons for this are poorly understood. To address these unmet medical needs, newer Clostridium difficile Infections treatments are under development.
Rising number of patients with Clostridium difficile Infections, increasing awareness, and increasing research and development activities are some of the factors which are expected to contribute towards the market growth during the forecast period (2019-2028). Additionally, due to the lack of therapies which effectively stop or slow the disease, a large opportunity exists for the development and launch of novel therapies.
1. SER 109
and many others
The key players in Clostridium difficile Infections market are:
1. Summit Therapeutics
2. Seres Therapeutics
3. Rebiotix Inc.
4. Finch Therapeutics
5. Da Volterra
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Clostridium difficile Infections Market Overview at a Glance
3. Clostridium difficile Infections Disease Background and Overview
4. Clostridium difficile Infections Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Clostridium difficile Infections Country Wise cases
5.1. United States
6. Clostridium difficile Infections Treatment Practices
7. Clostridium difficile Infections Marketed Products
7.1. Zinplava (bezlotoxumab): Merck
7.2. Dificid (fidaxomicin): Optimer Pharmaceuticals (Acquired by Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
8. Clostridium difficile Infections Key Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. SER 109: Seres Therapeutics
8.3. RBX2660 : Rebiotix Inc.
8.4. DAV132: Da Volterra
9. Clostridium difficile Infections Market Size
9.1. Key Findings
9.2. Total 7MM Clostridium difficile Infections Market Analysis
9.3. United States Market Size
9.4. Germany Market Size
9.5. Italy Market Size
9.6. Spain Market Size
9.7. United Kingdom Market Size
9.8. France Market Size
9.9. United Kingdom Market Size
10. Report Methodology
11. DelveInsight Capabilities
13. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.