New Energy market report from GlobalData: "CNOOC to Acquire Nexen for $15.1 Billion to Increase its Global Oil and Gas Portfolio - Deal Analysis from GlobalData"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/13/2012 -- CNOOC Limited (CNOOC), through its wholly-owned subsidiary, CNOOC Canada Holding Ltd., has agreed to acquire Nexen Inc. (Nexen) for a purchase consideration of approximately $15.1 billion or $27.5 per share in cash, including the assumption of $4.3 billion in debt which will remain outstanding. The company will fund the acquisition though existing cash resources and external financing.
Under the terms of the agreement, either party may terminate the transaction if the arrangement does not occur by January 31, 2013. The parties will have the right to extend this date for successive periods of 15 days (to a maximum of 75 business days). If the agreement is terminated under certain circumstances, including if Nexen enters into an agreement with respect to a superior proposal or if the board of directors of Nexen withdraws or modifies its recommendation with respect to the proposed transaction, Nexen will pay a termination payment of $425m to CNOOC. If the agreement is terminated solely as a result of its inability to obtain PRC approvals, CNOOC will pay Nexen a termination fee of $425m.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
BMO Capital Markets Corp. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. are acting as financial advisors for the transaction, while Stikeman Elliott LLP and Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP are acting as legal advisors to CNOOC. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. and RBC Capital Markets Inc. are acting as financial advisors, while Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP and Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison LLP are acting as legal advisors to Nexen in the transaction.
- Rationale behind CNOOC acquiring Nexen
- Geography covered - Canada
Reasons to Get this Report
- Develop a sound understanding of CNOOC's acquisitions, issues and challenges in acquiring Nexen.
- Rationale behind CNOOC's plan to acquire Nexen.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oil & Gas Annual Deals Analysis 2012
- Oil and Gas Annual Deals Analysis 2011
- Oil & Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - April 2012: M&A and Investment Trends
- Oil & Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - May 2012: M&A and Investment Trends
- Oil & Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - June 2012: M&A and Investment Trends
- Oil and Gas Monthly Deals Analysis : M&A and Investment Trends - August 2011
- Oil and Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends, January 2012
- Oil and Gas Monthly Deals Analysis: M&A and Investment Trends - January 2011
- Oil & Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends, February 2012
- Oil and Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends, April 2011
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)