Fast Market Research recommends "Coal Mining in Indonesia to 2020" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/06/2014 -- Indonesia is a leading global producer and exporter of steam coal, with production estimated at 421 million tons (Mt) in 2013 and projected to reach 503.8Mt in 2020, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5%. Substantial production over the forecast period 2014-2020, will be the result of both capacity expansions and the commencement of new projects. The islands of Kalimantan and Sumatra dominate Indonesia's coal production and steam coal accounted for all the coal produced in the country, with the largest coal mines being the Sangatta, Paser and Batuah Village mines in East Kalimantan, and the Alam Duta Kalimantan mine in South Kalimantan.
- Coal deposits are scattered across 11 distinct basins on the four major areas of the archipelago that makes up Indonesia. The deposits are widely distributed across Sumatra, Kalimantan, West Java and Sulawesi.
- The major export markets for Indonesian coal in 2013 were India, China, South Korea and Japan. Steam coal exports are expected to grow over the forecast period with rising demand from India and China.
- A competitive advantage for Indonesian coal miners is its low cost of production compared to the global average. As a result, many coal mining companies in Indonesia are continuing to increase production despite weak coal prices.
- Indonesian coal deposits have low to medium calorific value, with high moisture and low ash content. The main advantage of Indonesian coal is its low sulphur content, which makes it one of the cleanest coals available in the world.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report contains an overview of the Indonesian coal mining industry, together with its key growth factors and restraints. It also provides detailed information about production, prices, production by grade, basin and mining methods, reserves, reserves by grade and regions, major producing mines, competitive landscape, major exploration and development projects, consumption, consumption by type and trade. Also included is the country's fiscal regime, which includes governing bodies and relevant laws, rights and obligations of the mining companies, as well as key fiscal terms.
Reasons to Get this Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: PT Bumi Resources Tbk, PT Adaro Energy Tbk, Bukit Asam (Persero) Tbk, PT Indo Tambangraya Megah Tbk (ITM), PT Berau Coal Energy Tbk (Asia Resource Minerals Plc), PT Kideco Jaya Agung
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coal Mining in Australia to 2020
- Continental Coal Limited (CCC) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Guildford Coal Limited (GUF) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Whitehaven Coal Limited (WHC) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Prophecy Coal Corp. (PCY) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Celsius Coal Limited (CLA) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Coal of Africa Limited (CZA) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Universal Coal Plc (UNV) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Tiaro Coal Limited (TCM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- International Coal Ltd (ICX) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile