New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/22/2014 -- President Juan Manuel Santos' re-election in June has given him a strong mandate to continue the process of healthcare reform in Colombia. Although the Santos administration has been successful in limiting medicine price increases, financial problems will to plague the Colombian insurance system if structural issues are not addressed.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: COP8,126bn (USD4.35bn) in 2013 to COP8,686bn (USD4.44bn) in 2014; +6.9% in local currency terms and +2.2% in US dollar terms. Forecasts revised down due to the strict implementation of drug price controls and the promotion of generic drugs.
- Healthcare: COP49,956bn (USD26.72bn) in 2013 to COP54,480bn (USD27.87bn) in 2014; +9.1% in local currency terms and +4.3% in US dollar terms. Forecasts revised up due to revised historical data.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Ratings: In our Q414 regional RRR assessment, Colombia moved to the seventh place out of 18 markets surveyed in the Americas region. Colombia boasts above-average Rewards and Risks. Although we caution that the country's intellectual property (IP) regime and its unresolved security situation will continue to represent barriers to multinational involvement, Colombia will remain of interest from a longer-term point of view, not least on account of its substantial population.
Key Trends And Developments
- In June 2014, the Colombian constitutional court approved health as a fundamental right, as a result of which the group of independently run enterprises - known as Health Promotion Entities (EPS) - will cease to exist. Under the Statutory Health Law, all Colombian citizens will benefit, as the new healthcare model will be much more efficient and accessible. We note that President Juan Manuel Santos' re-election in June has given him a strong mandate to continue his healthcare reform process to address the many issues, such as the financial stress within Colombia's healthcare system.
- In June 2014, Colombia's...
The Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Colombian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Colombia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Colombian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Colombian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Colombia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014