Recently published research from Timetric, "Construction in Australia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2012 -- During 2008-2009, the global financial crisis led to many independent lenders withdrawing from the capital market due to difficulties with regards to raising funds. The Australian construction industry faced the specific challenge of increasing costs when obtaining debt financing. Consequently, the industry's growth rate declined in 2009 compared with 2008. However, the announcement of stimulus packages in the 2009-2010 budget had a positive impact on many areas of the economy. Notably, the schools building package provided support to the institutional construction market during a time when obtaining finance was problematic. The Australian government is anticipated to spend a significant sum on improving the education system over the next three-years under the Building Education Revolution (BER) scheme.
- Construction is the fourth-largest industry in Australia in terms of employment opportunities, providing work to 9.1% of the country's total workforce in October 2010.
- The Australian government adopted various measures to stimulate spending in its 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 budgets. The government is investing AUD36 billion on road and rail infrastructure through the Nation Building Program over a six-year period from 2008-2014.
- Infrastructure construction was the largest construction market, recording a share of 42.6%. Moreover, the market was the fastest-growing in the industry, posting a CAGR of 13.1% during the review period (2007-2011).
- Residential construction posted a share of 32.4% during the review period, making it the second-largest construction market during the review period, growing at a CAGR of 1.9%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Australia:
- Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in Australia using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Australia
- Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in Australia by value
Reasons to Get this Report
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Leighton Holdings Limited, Mirvac Group, Macmahon Holdings Limited, McConnell Dowell Corporation Limited, Brookfield Multiplex Limited
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in Northern China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Kuwait - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Turkey - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Vietnam - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in the Czech Republic - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Indonesia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Affordable Housing and a CNY7.0 Trillion Infrastructure Budget to Propel Growth
- Construction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Infrastructure Spending to Increase for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Construction in the UAE - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Business Opportunities in the Water and Sewage Infrastructure Construction Industry in BRIC
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)