New Construction market report from Timetric: "Construction in Germany - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/27/2012 -- Germany is the world's fourth-largest economy on the basis of nominal GDP and the world's fifth-largest on the basis of purchasing power parity (PPP). In 2010, Germany recorded an estimated GDP growth compared with the decline seen in 2009. The construction industry was one of the German economy's most important sectors in 2010. Moreover, according to the German Ministry of Economics and Technology, the construction industry accounts for more than half of all investment in the country. The industry provides employment to millions of people and, together with related sectors such as machine manufacturing and building materials production, is the largest employment provider in the country. Germany is also among the largest exporters of construction and planning services owing to the well-established reputations of German construction companies and the innovative and high-quality services provided by these companies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The German construction industry was relatively less affected by the economic recession compared to other countries in the EU. Despite a decline in the total construction industry value in 2009, the value added through the use and management of the construction labor force increased in 2009 and 2010."
- During the review period, commercial construction was the third-largest construction growing market and recorded growth. Commercial construction was driven by the strong performance of the retail buildings category.
- The German industrial construction market was the fastest-growing market during the review period. The main growth drivers for the market were the refinery buildings and waste processing categories.
- Infrastructure construction was the second-largest market in the German construction industry. Rail infrastructure was the fastest-growing infrastructure construction category during the review period and is expected to grow over the forecast period.
- Institutional construction was the second-smallest market in the German construction industry. The healthcare buildings category became the largest institutional construction category after overtaking educational buildings.
- Residential construction formed the largest market in the German construction industry during the review period. Timetric expects the German residential construction market will grow strongly at the highest CAGR over the forecast period, due to the country's rising employment levels, lower interest rates and returning investor confidence."
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Germany:
- Historical values for the construction industry for 2006-10 and forecast figures for 2010-15
- Supporting text on individual markets and values for categories for 2006-10 and forecasts until 2015
- Profiles of the top construction companies in Germany
Companies Mentioned in this Report: HOCHTIEF AG, Bilfinger Berger SE, Bauer AG, Strabag AG, Uhde GmbH
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in the GCC - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Qatar - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in the Netherlands - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Canada - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Poland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Colombia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- The Indian Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities till 2015: New Construction to be the Key Driver of Growth
- The Chinese Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities till 2015: Export Market Potential will be the Key to Growth
- Global Construction Aggregates - Market Opportunity & Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- Global Wood Based Products - Market Opportunities and Business Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015