New Construction market report from Timetric: "Construction in Poland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/26/2012 -- The Polish construction industry registered a strong performance during the review period (2006-2010), with all markets recording strong growth. The country's membership of the European Union (EU) in May 2004 provided an increase to the overall economy and the construction industry in particular. Large scale infrastructural investments were made following the event, as Poland established reforms to comply with EU standards.
Foreign investment was prevalent both from within and outside of the EU region, with Poland becoming an attractive Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) destination due to its large domestic market, easy availability of skilled human capital at low costs and integration with the EU. The government provided attractive incentives and tax rebates to attract FDI. Additionally, the construction industry recorded growth due to the country's large expenditure on infrastructure in preparation for UEFA Euro 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Infrastructure expenditure was supported by the country's preparation for co-hosting UEFA Euro 2012, which requires infrastructural developments such as the building of stadia and hotels to accommodate spectators. This resulted in increased investments in the leisure and hospitality sector. Increased investments within the infrastructure construction market resulted in economic expansion and improved job opportunities in Poland, attracting its migrant workers back from EU countries with more developed economic structures."
- During the review period, commercial construction was the second fastest growing market with outdoor leisure facilities, leisure and hospitality buildings, and retail buildings supporting growth.
- Industrial construction represents the second smallest market in the Polish construction industry. The refinery sector attracted investments from EU member nations, as targets to reduce dependency on Russian oil and gas were established.
- Infrastructure construction represents the largest market within the Polish construction industry, this was primarily due to the market receiving EU support during the review period, as funds were provided for transportation sector improvements.
- Institutional construction constitutes the smallest as well as the slowest growing construction market in the Polish construction industry, the institutional construction market is dominated by the educational and healthcare buildings categories.
- Residential construction constituted the second largest as well as the fastest growing market during the review period. All categories within the residential construction market registered robust double digit growth rates during the review period."
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Poland:
- Historical values for the construction industry for 2006-10 and forecast figures for 2010-15
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Polimex-Mostostal SA, Budimex SA, Mostostal Warszawa SA, Hydrobudowa Polska SA, Erbud SA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in the GCC - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Qatar - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Germany - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in the Netherlands - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Canada - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Colombia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- The Indian Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities till 2015: New Construction to be the Key Driver of Growth
- The Chinese Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities till 2015: Export Market Potential will be the Key to Growth
- Global Construction Aggregates - Market Opportunity & Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- Global Wood Based Products - Market Opportunities and Business Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015