Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/04/2012 -- The South Korean construction industry has been an integral part of the country's growth due to the expansion of both the infrastructure and residential construction markets. Moreover, South Korean construction companies have been winning foreign construction projects, expanding the profile of domestic companies and earning export revenues. During the review period (2007-2011), the global financial crisis played a key role in driving down the growth of the South Korean construction industry.
- Residential and infrastructure construction will bring key growth opportunities within the South Korean construction industry.
- The South Korean construction industry is facing intense cost pressure due to higher material costs. As a result of which, cement producers are experiencing resistance from builders and construction contractors due to hikes in cement prices.
- The existence of large and established construction companies in the country leads to high competition in the industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in South Korea:
- Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in South Korea using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in South Korea
- Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in South Korea by value
Reasons to Get this Report
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd., Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd., GS Engineering & Construction Corporation, Samsung Engineering, Kumho Industrial Co., Ltd.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Affordable Housing and a CNY7.0 Trillion Infrastructure Budget to Propel Growth
- Construction in the Czech Republic - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Infrastructure Spending to Increase for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Global Construction Aggregates - Market Opportunity & Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of National Healthcare Insurance Scheme Will Drive Market Growth
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Reinsurance in Argentina, Trends and Opportunities to 2016