Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/24/2012 -- During the review period, the Swiss economy recorded strong growth rates until 2009, with unemployment rates at a low level and the country enjoying a strong fiscal position. However, in 2009, the recession caused tightening credit conditions and lower levels of investment. This resulted in the number of new construction projects recording a decline in an environment of economic contraction and cautious lending conditions. In 2010, the Swiss construction industry comprised 5.3% of the country’s GDP. The Swiss construction industry recorded a CAGR of 3.12% during the review period. In 2010, the Swiss construction industry benefited from growing domestic confidence and increased demand. Following weak growth of 1.6% in 2009, the industry recorded growth of 3% in 2010.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Switzerland:
- Historical values for the construction industry for 2006-10 and forecast figures for 2010-15
- Supporting text on individual markets and values for categories for 2006-10 and forecasts until 2015
- Profiles of the top construction companies in Switzerland
- Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in Switzerland by value
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insight into the construction industry in Switzerland with current, historic and forecast figures
- Gain insight into current, historic and forecast industry figures at individual market and category level
- Identify the top construction industry players in Switzerland along with detailed company profiles and SWOT analysis of all those companies
- Switzerland underwent a period of recession in mid-2008, causing delays in construction projects and a decline in new orders. Consequently, the Swiss construction industry decelerated in 2009 and grew at a reduced pace of 1.6%, after registering a growth of 4.9% in 2008.
- The residential construction market grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.13% over the review period.
- The commercial construction market recorded a CAGR of 0.54% during the review period. Such weak growth was the result of a lack of investment, as firms halted construction activities over the review period (2006–2010).
- The infrastructure construction market grew at a CAGR of 5.81% during the review period. The market growth was largely driven by the energy and communications infrastructure category.
- Institutional construction was the fastest growing market during the review period, growing at a CAGR of 7.73%.
- The industrial construction market grew at a CAGR of 2.69% over the review period.
Implenia AG Foster Wheeler AG Karl Steiner Holding AG F. Bernasconi & Cie SA
To view table of contents for this market report please visit: