Fast Market Research recommends "Construction in the Philippines - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/31/2012 -- The construction industry in the Philippines continued growing at a double-digit rate throughout the global economic crisis in 2008 and 2009. Furthermore, while the global economic situation was recovering across economies in the US, Europe and even more dominantly in Asia, the Philippines construction industry grew faster in 2010, when compared to 2009. Infrastructure and residential construction were the two main markets which supported double-digit growth during the global economic recession.
The rising Filipino population has created a surge in demand for housing, especially multi-family housing, which has led to a housing backlog of six million in the country. With rapid urbanization, the housing dynamics in the country are gradually changing. In larger cities such as Manila, an increase in the demand for multi-family housing is being observed, as it is a cheaper option, compared with single-family housing.
The infrastructure construction market was the industry's key growth driver during the review period and was the largest market in the industry. This growth was generated by the huge investment from SONA Projects. Industrial construction is the smallest contributor to construction industry value in the Philippines, and accounted for 3% of the industry market share in 2010. Although the investments coming from foreign countries were affected by the global economic slowdown, strong government funding drove growth during the review period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- During the review period, commercial construction was the third-largest market and was influenced by the supporting growth of the retail buildings and office buildings categories.
- Industrial construction was the smallest contributor to construction industry value in the Philippines during the review period. The fastest-growing categories were storage tanks and chemical and pharmaceutical plants.
- Infrastructure construction was the largest market in the construction industry in 2010. During the review period, the fastest-growing category in infrastructure construction was water infrastructure construction.
- Institutional construction was the fourth-largest market in the industry. Market growth was largely driven by investments to develop educational institutions and healthcare facilities.
- Residential construction was the second-largest market in the industry during the review period. Within the Philippines residential construction market, single-family housing construction was the largest category in 2010.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in the Philippines:
- Historical values for the construction industry for 2006-10 and forecast figures for 2010-15
- Supporting text on individual markets and values for categories for 2006-10 and forecasts until 2015
- Profiles of the top construction companies in the Philippines
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Manila Electric Company, First Philippine Holdings Corporation, Ayala Land Inc, EEl Corporation, San Miguel Properties Inc
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in the GCC - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Germany - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Qatar - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in the Netherlands - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Canada - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Poland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Construction in Colombia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- The Indian Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities till 2015: New Construction to be the Key Driver of Growth
- The Chinese Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities till 2015: Export Market Potential will be the Key to Growth
- Global Construction Aggregates - Market Opportunity & Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015