New Construction research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/22/2012 -- The value of the UAE construction industry increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.11% during the review period (2007-2011), supported by robust construction activity across the country's construction markets. Notably, prior to the recession, the UAE construction industry was aggressively active, driven by government diversification initiatives and high levels of investment in several infrastructure development programs. During the review period, diversification of the UAE economy attracted investment into the country's industrial sector, resulting in an increased level of construction activity in this sector. Consequently, the industrial construction market achieved the highest UAE construction industry CAGR of 7.50% during the review period; followed by the residential construction market, which recorded a CAGR of 7.16%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The UAE government is in the process of diversifying its economy to decrease its dependency on oil. As a result, a large amount of investment is planned for infrastructure development.
- Infrastructure was the largest market in the UAE construction industry in 2011, accounting for a 28.1% share of total industry value. It was followed by the commercial construction market, with a 22% share; and the industrial construction market, with a 19.9% share.
- In February 2006, a plan to construct a metro rail network was announced, which aims to have laid 320 kilometers of metro lines in Dubai by 2020.
- The UAE government's commitment to diversify from an oil-dependent economy has increased investment in commercial construction. The development of the country's tourism sector stimulated the growth of categories such as leisure and hospitality buildings, retail buildings and outdoor and leisure facilities, aiding the overall expansion of the country's commercial construction market.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in the UAE:
- Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in the UAE using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in the UAE
- Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in the UAE by value
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Arabtec Holding PJSC, Union Properties PJSC, Drake & Scull International PJSC, National Petroleum Construction Company, Al Habtoor Group LLC
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in Northern China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Turkey - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Kuwait - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Vietnam - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in the Czech Republic - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Indonesia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Affordable Housing and a CNY7.0 Trillion Infrastructure Budget to Propel Growth
- Construction in Australia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Infrastructure Spending to Increase for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Business Opportunities in the Water and Sewage Infrastructure Construction Industry in BRIC