New Retailing market report from Conlumino: "Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in South Korea, 2013-2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/26/2014 -- "Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Development in South Korea, 2013-2018" is the result of Conlumino's extensive market research covering the online retail industry in South Korea. It provides the magnitude, growth, share, and dynamics of the online retail market in South Korea. It is an essential tool for companies active across South Korea's online retail value chain and for new companies considering entry into online the retail market in South Korea. It provides data for historic and forecast online retail sales, and also includes the business environment and country risk related to South Korea's online retail environment. In addition, it analyses the key consumer trends influencing the South Korean online retail industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
By examining best practice from the leading national large-scale online retailers (but specifically excluding the likes of Amazon, whose sites are well-known and vary little by country), as well as reviewing innovative approaches from smaller retailers, the report provides insights and ideas about how best to approach growing online sales for your business.
- M-commerce is soaring with the increase in smart phone penetration and high mobile internet usage
- The online channel is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.38% in 2013-2018, to reach KRW31 trillion in 2018, and increase its contribution to 9% of total South Korean retail sales, compared to 7.6% in 2013
- Aging consumers are a key target group for retailers, as they seek convenience in shopping and delivery
- Retailers are adopting omni-channel strategies to provide unique services in order to provide greater convenience to online customers
- Electrical and electronics is the largest sold category over the online channel in 2013; however, apparel, accessories, luggage, and leather goods is set to surpass their sales by 2018
- Provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Based on the latest data, the report not only provides details of the size and growth of this increasingly important channel, it also provides essential context on the penetration of online sales by product groups, how growth has developed over time, and key factors that will drive this market in the future
Reasons to Get This Report
- The report helps to improve market and strategic planning using highly granular, forward-looking market data. Detailed category coverage is provided, covering 26 products, across nine product groups that include: Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods, Book, News and Stationery, Electricals and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health & Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, and Sports and Leisure Equipment
- Understand the consumer behavior and online trends in South Korea
- Understand which products will be the major winners and losers in the online arena in the coming years
- Learn from best practice approaches outlined in the case studies of leading online retailers
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Lotte Inc., Interpark INT, CJmall.com, G-market, Emart, Galleria, Coupang, TMON, Home Plus
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in South Korea, 2013
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in South Africa, 2013
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Russia
- The Future of Retailing in South Africa to 2018: Consumer and retailer trends, issues and market dynamics
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Japan
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Australia, 2013
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Japan, 2013
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Spain, 2013
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in the China, 2013
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Italy, 2013