San Francisco, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2014 -- BestHomeSecurityCompanys.com conducted a survey to see what consumers think about the quality of professional install vs. do-it-yourself home security options.
The debate over professional and DIY projects continues to swirl, even in the home security industry.
BestHomeSecurityCompanys.com was interested in what consumers thought about the quality of professional and do-it-yourself home security systems.
“We are seeing an increasing number of consumers opting for DIY solutions,” Carlie McKeon, BHSC PR Director, said. “We are seeing the same types of trends in the home security space.”
BHSC recently conducted a survey in which over 1,000 consumers were asked whether or not a professionally installed home security system is of better quality than a do-it-yourself home security system.
The results were nearly split down the middle. Out of the 1,000 respondents, 51.5% of consumers said they believed a professionally installed home security system was of better quality, while the other 48.5% believed a DIY system was better.
“We believe there are a couple of different reasons as to why the results are almost evenly split,” McKeon explained. “It makes sense as to why people would trust a ‘professional’ when it comes to installing technological equipment. On the other hand, people know their own homes and where the vulnerabilities are, so installing their own system may seem to make more sense.”
To some consumers, it is worth the extra cost to have the system installed quickly and by someone who knows how the system operates.
There are home security companies that offer both DIY and professional install options. Professionally installed equipment will come at a price.
“This is another reason we are seeing more and more consumers prefer the DIY options,” McKeon stated. “The consumer gets to place the equipment where they believe it will be most efficient and save money on the installation costs.”
To view home security companies and installation options, visit BestHomeSecurityCompanys.com.