New Medical Devices research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- The alarming unemployment rate - which stands at over 25% in 2014 - has been the worst consequence of the dramatic economic situation the country has been undergoing since 2008. It is true that at a macroeconomic level, 2014 is showing positive indicators, however, Spanish consumers are still far from noticing the recovery and as a consequence, they are still showing a conservative attitude towards spending. Although it is true that contact lenses recorded a fair performance in 2014, with value sales growing by over 3%, the larger consumer base and the growing popularity of contact lenses amongst Spaniards was expected to result in higher growth rates in that year than was actually achieved.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Little movement has taken place in the Spanish contact lenses market. Concentration continues to define the category with 70% of total value sales in the hands of the three leading companies. These three companies are Bausch & Lomb, Johnson & Johnson and Ciba Vision.
The Spanish economy is expected to see the light at the end of the tunnel from 2014. National and international prospects foresee that Spanish GDP will record a positive growth rate in 2015. However, the unemployment rate will take longer to recover. This fact will emphasise the cautious expenditure attitude that Spanish consumers have developed since the beginning of the economic crisis back in 2008. Nevertheless, contact lenses sales will grow by 7% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period, equating to a CAGR of just over 1%.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in Spain with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in Spain, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in Spain market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in Spain?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Contact Lenses in Switzerland
- Contact Lenses in the United Kingdom
- Contact Lenses in the Netherlands
- Contact Lenses in Singapore
- Contact Lenses in Turkey
- Contact Lenses in Taiwan
- Contact Lenses in China
- Contact Lenses in Canada
- Contact Lenses in Mexico
- Lens Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts