Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Cameroon", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- Decongestant rubs and paediatric cough and cold remedies continue to perform well with 12% growth respectively. This was due to a very dry, dusty and windy climate in the dry season, and a cold, moist climate in the rainy season, all of which favour the occurrence of allergies, especially in young children. Children also have a lower level of resistance to these ailments compared with adults, and are more likely to need medication from the onset of a cough or cold. With the increasing awareness of allergies, Cameroonians are less likely to take a cough too seriously and go to the hospital, but are more likely to resort to self-medication until the situation worsens. Visiting a hospital for a cough is seen as unnecessary expenditure by most. Most cough and cold remedies are well known and readily available in pharmacies at affordable prices.
Among paediatric products, Bronchalene and Paidoterin continued to be popular in 2012 because they are well known and have proven to be very effective. They are also among the cheapest of the branded products. For adult products Mentholatum, and Vicks decongestants and inhalers performed well. This is due to low prices, availability and portability.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Cough, cold and allergy remedies are likely to increase in demand and sales over the forecast period. The market is expected to see a constant value CAGR of 6%. Factors such as unfavourable seasons and climate, an increase in the population and growing urbanisation may well play a significant role in the trend. The population in cities is becoming more dense, leading to overcrowding and congestion in public areas such as streets, schools, public transport, or even churches. These conditions favour the spread of allergies caused by unfavourable climatic conditions and increase exposure to the risk. In addition, the prevailing practice of self-medication is also likely to boost the growth of the cough, cold and allergy remedies in Cameroon.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Cameroon?
- What are the major brands in Cameroon?
- What is the impact of influenza vaccinations on the sales of cough and cold products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Antihistamines/Allergy Remedies (Systemic), Combination Products - Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies, Cough Remedies, Decongestants, Medicated Confectionery, Paediatric Cough, Cold and Allergy Remedies, Pharyngeal Preparations.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in South Korea
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Finland
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Portugal
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Ireland
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in India
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Nigeria
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in France
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in the Czech Republic
- Cough Cold and Allergy Hay Fever Remedies in Belgium
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Bosnia-Herzegovina