Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Croatia Shipping Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/22/2015 -- Modest Outlook For Croatian Port Activity Levels
BMI believes annual bulk cargo percentage growth at Croatia's ports will remain in the low single digits in 2015, partly reflecting the standstill in the local economy and unspectacular growth rates in foreign trade. In contrast however box traffic at the port of Rijeka will show some dynamism due to recent increases in capacity. We believe the port has an important future role to play as a regional gateway.
BMI expects the Croatian economy to remain at a standstill in 2015, as the government continues to struggle with a high debt load (representing almost 80% of GDP) and a large fiscal deficit (around 5% of GDP). This means that private consumption will act as a drag on growth: unemployment is high (around 20%), wage growth is anemic, and households have made only limited progress on deleveraging. There seems to be no escape from enforced austerity. We expect tax cuts and reductions in public spending during the course of 2015, and Croatia may eventually have to accept European Union/IMF financial help, which will come with strings attached - principally demands that the country carry out reforms to improve its competitiveness. Exports and foreign investment are likely to remain weak and unable to pull the economy out of its current stagnation. We are forecasting GDP growth of only 0.4% in 2015, following an estimated 0.8% contraction in 2014.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data
- In 2015, port of Rijeka tonnage volume will rise by 1.2% to 8.90mn tonnes, after 1.0% growth in 2014. Over the medium-term to 2019, we project average annual growth of 1.6%.
- 2015 port of Rijeka container throughput forecast to grow 5.2% to 139,550 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs). Over the medium-term, we project a strong average annual increase of 7.0%, significantly ahead of GDP.
- 2015 total trade growth forecast at 1.4%, following growth of 1.1% in 2014.
Key Industry Trends
Rijeka In the Black in January-September: According to...
The Croatia Shipping Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data and Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasting, critically analysing international transport of dry bulk and containers. The report evaluates the global commodities and trade backdrop, alongside in-depth country-specific analysis of trade prospects. The report also contains company profiles covering leading multinational and national shipping companies and analysis of latest industry news, trends and regulatory developments in Croatia.
BMI's Croatia Shipping Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the shipping industry in Croatia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent shipping industry forecasts for Croatia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Croatian shipping market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Croatia through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence and company SWOTS on your competitors and peers including multinational and national companies.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering shipping, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis of the state's shipping sector, which carefully evaluates the short- and medium-term issues facing the industry.
Analysis of the capacity, terminals and planned development of the major ports in each country, including data on throughput and total tonnage.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Major port freight throughput (tonnes/teu); overall freight throughput (teu); total imports (US$bn) and exports (US$bn).
Company profiles include business activities, leading products and services, company strategy, trends and developments and economic performance analysis.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Shipping Report Q1 2015
- Australia Shipping Report Q1 2015
- India Shipping Report Q1 2015
- South Korea Shipping Report Q1 2015
- Indonesia Shipping Report Q1 2015