Fast Market Research recommends "Croatia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/28/2012 -- BMI View: Croatia has one of the more developed telecommunications markets in CEE. It has managed to maintain relatively high ARPUs, given the high usage of VAS services. Croatia has one of the highest proportions of non-voice services as a % of ARPU, demonstrating that the Croatian population is relatively receptive to new technology and data services.
- Based on data from the main operators, BMI estimates that the Croatian mobile market had 5.121mn subscribers at the end of Q212. The latest regulatory data available is for Q112, when HAKOM revealed the market had 5.036mn subscribers.
- In Q112, the fixed-line market grew to reach 1.613mn subscribers, up from 1.603mn. We do not believe this growth will continue through 2012, as the general trend is downwards.
- In the broadband market, the regulator stated there were 1.179mn broadband subscribers at the end of Q112, 869,600 of which were fixed and 309,600 were mobile.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk Reward Ratings
Croatia climbed one position in our Q412 CEE RRRs, as Industry Rewards, Country Rewards and Country Risk scores improved. The country is now in ninth place, behind Estonia and above Latvia. The Croatian market has a relatively high penetration rate. Strong mobile growth was offset by a decline in ARPUs, and economic pressures continue to blight the Croatian economy.
Industry Trends And Developments
- By July 9 2102 the 6% tax on revenue from mobile network services in Croatia had been abolished as a result of a parliamentary decision. The tax, which applies to all mobile network operators' voice and messaging service revenue, was repealed in January 2012 and then reinstated a month later.
- In August, VelaTel Global Communications revealed the equipment bought to support the expansion of wireless broadband networks of its Balkan subsidiaries has reached Croatia, as scheduled. The equipment included 50 base transceiver stations for deployment in Croatia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)