Portland, OR -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/02/2017 -- Crystal Oscillator Market report, published by Allied Market Research, forecasts that the global market is expected to garner $3.2 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.8% during the period 2014-2022.In 2015, Asia-Pacific dominated with over 40% share of the overall market, and is anticipated to continue this trend during the forecast period.
Early buyers will receive 20% customization on this report.
Crystal oscillator circuit is a resonating device that uses a piezoelectric crystal resonator to produce electric pulses with precise frequency via mechanical vibrations. A piezoelectric material is used in these crystals owing to the advantages of crystal oscillator such as converting mechanical vibrations into electric pulses and vice versa. These advantages have broadened the areas of applications of crystal oscillator. A crystal oscillator is a type of electronic oscillator/frequency oscillator that produces oscillations of a certain frequency. These crystals are utilized in digital devices such as integrated circuits, radio transmitters, and watches to produce clock signals.
AT cut and SC cut technologies together contribute over 90% of the technology segment in overall crystal oscillator market. AT cut crystal has a compact size and performs well in a wide temperature range, while SC cut provides enhanced frequency stability with widespread application in IT & telecommunication industry. The SC cut crystal oscillator segment is anticipated to be one of the highest growing type of crystal oscillators.
Based on mounting scheme, the market has two sub segments: surface mount and thru-hole. The surface mount crystal oscillator attributes over 75% market share and is anticipated to grow with highest CAGR as it consumes less space, and it is mainly used in automated operations. Thru-hole is comparatively bulky and it is utilized in manual devices.
Get PDF of this Report @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/1796
Growth in global crystal oscillator market has been negatively affected by the inception of si-MEMS oscillators. However, the market is anticipated to sustain a constant slow paced growth rate as si-MEMS offers poor frequency stability and incurs additional cost as compared to oven-controlled crystal oscillator. states Gaurav Shukla, Research Associate, Semiconductor & Electronics at AMR.
Key Findings Of The Crystal Oscillator Market Study:
- Surface mount crystal oscillator is anticipated to grow at a rate of 6.1% CAGR during the forecast period owing to its benefits such as easy mounting scheme and less power loss.
- Temperature-compensated crystal oscillator accounts for the largest share in the type segment, however, Oven-controlled Crystal Oscillator is expected to be one of the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
- SC cut is estimated to be one of the fastest growing segments, growing at an estimated CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period, owing to the enhanced stability and high range of operating temperature.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market in 2015, supported by growth in China, South Korea, and Japan.
- In Asia-Pacific, China accounts for over 45% of the overall market, owing to high percentage share of the country in the electronics industry.
MARKET PLAYERS IN VALUE CHAIN
- Seiko Epson Corp.
- Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- TXC Corporation
- River Eletec Corporation
- Kyocera Crystal Device Corporation
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Rakon Limited
- Daishinku Corp.