DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/16/2019 -- Cystic Fibrosis - Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
More than 30,000 people are living with cystic fibrosis in the US.
1. Approximately, 1000 new cases of Cystic Fibrosis are diagnosed each year.
2. Cystic Fibrosis incidence in Germany is between 1 in 3300 and 1 in 4800.
3. Italy has the highest incidence of 1 in 2438 births among the EU5 countries.
DelveInsight launched a new report on Cystic Fibrosis - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Cystic Fibrosis market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Cystic Fibrosis epidemiology and Cystic Fibrosis market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Cystic Fibrosis market report provides the insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Cystic Fibrosis market report provides global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Cystic Fibrosis market report provides an edge that will help in developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the Cystic Fibrosis market.
Request for sample pages
"Women were also found to become colonized earlier with several bacteria and to have worse outcomes with common Cystic Fibrosis pathogens as compared to men."
The therapeutic market for Cystic Fibrosis treatment is mainly accounted by the following type of therapies: Mucolytics, Bronchodilators, Antibiotics, and CFTR Modulator therapies. Mucus thinners or mucolytics are medications that cause thinning of the mucus thereby making it easier to cough it out of lungs. Antibiotics help fight against infections caused by bacteria. The buildup of sticky, thick mucus in the lungs makes people more likely to develop bacterial infections. CFTR modulator therapies are designed to correct the malfunctioning protein made by the CFTR gene. Bronchodilators widen airways by helping the surrounding muscles relax thereby allowing more air to travel.
Some of the drugs used for the Cystic Fibrosis treatment include Ivacaftor (Kalydeco) manufactured by Vertex Pharmaceuticals. In January 2012, Kalydeco was approved by the FDA as the first drug that treats the underlying cause of Cystic Fibrosis. Kalydeco represents a major advance in the Cystic Fibrosis treatment for people with a specific type of this disease.
The key players are:
1. Vertex Pharmaceutical
2. Laurent Pharmaceuticals
3. Verona Pharma
5. Aridis Pharmaceuticals
And many others
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Cystic Fibrosis Market Overview at a Glance
3. Cystic Fibrosis Disease Background and Overview
4. Cystic Fibrosis Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Cystic Fibrosis Country- Wise Epidemiology
5.1. United States
5.2.6. United Kingdom
6. Cystic Fibrosis Treatments & Medical Practices
7. Marketed Drugs
7.1. Kalydeco (Ivacaftor): Vertex Pharmaceuticals
7.2. Orkambi (lumacaftor/ivacaftor): Vertex Pharmaceuticals
8. Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. Fenretinide: Laurent Pharmaceuticals
8.3. VX-659: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
8.4. Thiolanox (Nitric Oxide): Novoteris
8.5. AR-501: Aridis Pharmaceuticals
8. Cystic Fibrosis Market Size
8.5. Key Findings
8.6. Total 7MM Cystic Fibrosis Market Analysis
9. 7MM Cystic Fibrosis: Country-Wise Market Analysis
9.5. United States Market Size
9.6. Germany Market Size
9.7. France Market Size
9.8. United Kingdom Market Size
9.9. Spain Market Size
9.10. Italy Market Size
9.11. Japan Market Size
10. Report Methodology
10.5. Sources Used
11. DelveInsight Capabilities
13. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.