New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- Following a year of mixed growth dynamics in different freight transport modes, BMI believes that 2014 will signal increasing volumes across the whole sector in line with improving economic outlook.
Total trade is projected to pick up in real terms, with our Country Risk desk forecasting a year-on-year (y-o-y) increase of 8.26% in 2014 following a growth of 0.33% in 2013.
Road freight is to continue to dominate the sector and is projected to grow by 5% in 2014. The mode, however, did not manage to defy the downturn and the European Union (EU) pledges of a decrease in road haulage across the region, with freight volumes expected to remain well below its 2007 level.
BMI notes that rail is the likeliest candidate in Czech Republic's freight transport mix to benefit from any diversification away from road.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 air freight is expected to grow by 4.6%
- 2014 rail freight is forecast to grow by 2.6%
- 2014 road freight is forecast to grow by 5.1%
- 2014 inland waterway freight is forecast to grow by 2.4%
- 2014 total real trade growth is forecast at 8.3%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
TFG Transfracht Adds Ostrava/Vratimov Link: German seaport-hinterland transport provider TFG Transfracht enhanced its service offer to the Czech Republic. A new link to the Ostrava/Vratimov terminal is now being offered, with TFG Transfracht extending its coverage further to the east of the country from June 2014. Ostrava/Vratimov terminal is located close to the borders with Poland and Slovakia, allowing cross-border truck deliveries and collections.
Geis Group Enhance Czech Republic Offer: Germany-based logistics services provider Geis Group, whose subsidiary Geis Parcel CZ operates parcel network in the Czech Republic, enhanced its exposure to the country, acquiring a 50% stake in Czech logistics and supply chain company e-shoppartner at the end of June 2014. The group aims to increase number of pickup points from 420 to 1,000.
Risks To Outlook
A more pronounced...
The Czech Republic Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Czech Republic Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Czech freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Czech Republic to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Czech freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Czech Republic.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Egypt Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Australia Freight Transport Report Q4 2014