New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/22/2015 -- Czech Republic's disease and drug consumption profile illustrates a considerable gap between it and Western Europe, suggesting that the population's demand for high-value innovative medicines will continue until convergence. The healthcare spending of the Czech population remains superior to that of the less-developed markets of Eastern and South Eastern Europe, demonstrating that demand in these regions will be even higher. However, the government's short-term ability to provide these medicines remains a key challenge.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: CZK76.93bn (USD3.66bn) in 2013 to CZK74.24bn (USD3.38bn) in 2014; -3.5% in local currency terms and -7.6% in US dollar terms. Forecasts significantly lower compared to previous quarter.
- Healthcare: CZK290.94bn (USD13.83bn) in 2013 to CZK303.17bn (USD13.81bn) in 2014; +4.2% in local currency terms and -0.2% in US dollar terms. Forecasts changed due to historical revision to 2012 figures.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Index: Despite placing second in our regional Q115 RRI table with a score of 60.8 out of 100, and therefore ranked as the second most attractive market in the Central and Eastern European - beaten only by Poland (61.5) and followed closely by Greece (57.9), drugmakers will face challenges in the Czech pharmaceutical market as a result of pricing pressure, poor access to the market and increasing generic substitution. Additionally, adopted and proposed amendments to healthcare and insurance laws have attracted criticism from the pharmaceutical sector. The Czech pharmaceutical market will nevertheless remain relatively attractive and rewarding due to the regionally high pharmaceutical expenditure per capita compared with its neighbours, an ageing population and a favourable urban-rural distribution.
Key Trends And Developments
In November 2014, food supplement supplier Walmark expanded its portfolio through the acquisition of a range of products marketed under the Sinulan Forte brand...
The Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Czech Republic pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Czech Republic, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Czech pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Czech pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Czech Republic.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI?s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
BMI?s Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Risk Reward Index
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015