Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/24/2012 -- Dental Implants & Prosthetics Market (Artificial Teeth, Dentures, Crowns & Bridges) Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts to 2016
Dental implant is an artificial tooth root which is used in dentistry to support restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some accident.
Dental markets studied in this report are categorized as dental implants, & prosthetics; of which implants account for largest share of the total market. The global dental implant & prosthetics market was valued at $ 6,781.7 million in 2011 and is expected to reach $10,562.2 million by 2016; growing at a CAGR of and 9.3% from 2011 to 2016.
Europe is leading the global dental implant market with the largest share of 41.0%, at an estimated $1,675.1 million in 2011.
The market offers tremendous growth potential mainly due to the increasing demand from developing Asian and South American nations, due to increasing purchasing power and consumer acceptance of advanced dental technologies. The trend towards minimally-invasive surgical procedures forms another key factor driving the growth of the dental implants market, as these preclude the pain, infection, and other side-effects associated with traditional dental procedures.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report analyzes the dental implants market by material and procedures. Based on the material used, dental implants are segmented as the titanium implants and zirconia implants. The titanium implants are further classified on the basis of stages involved in surgery (single stage & two stage); and type of connectors (external hexagonal, internal hexagonal, and internal octagonal).
By procedure, dental implants are segmented as the root-form dental implant and plate-form dental implant. Among the two types, root-form dental implants are the most prolifically used dental implants, due to durability and high success rate, compared to the other types of implants.
The introduction of technologies such as CAD/CAM has significantly improved dentistry procedures. This is significantly boosted market growth for dental prosthetics, along with the fact it offers patients a wide range of options. Ceramic crowns offer better esthetics, while metal-fused ceramic crown offer greater strength. Crowns are also available in gold and other metal alloys.
Major players in the global dental implants & prosthetics market include Nobel Biocare (Switzerland), Dentsply International (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), 3M (U.S.), Straumann (Switzerland), Ivoclar (Liechtenstein), Sirona (U.S.), Heraeus Kulzer (Germany) and Biomet/3i (U.S.).
Scope of the Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oral Care Products & Other Dental Consumables Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts To 2016
- Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipment Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Dental Implants and Biomaterials - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Dental Devices Market to 2016 - Cosmetic Dentistry and Dental Implants to be the Key Growth Drivers
- The Future of Orthopedic Implants, Analysis and Forecasts to 2016 - Joint Reconstruction and Spinal Implants Creating Growth Opportunities
- Extremities (Shoulder and Small Joint Implants) - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Dental Implants - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Hip and Knee Implants - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Global Dental Devices & Consumables Market (2010-2015
- Spinal Implants - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016