Fast Market Research recommends "Dermatologicals in Denmark" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/20/2014 -- While dermatologicals in general witnessed weak growth over the review period, antipruritics performed better, increasing by a current value CAGR of 5% over the review period. This growth reflects a growing desire to treat skin problems due to an increased focus on good looks. At the same time, the key ingredient in most antipruritics - hydrocortisone - is less stigmatised as it was earlier, where many consumers believed it to be a dangerous drug. By 2013, there was a growing awareness that short-term treatment with hydrocortisone in low doses rarely poses a problem.
Dermatologicals was led by Bayer Danmark in 2013 with value share of 14%. The majority of Bayer's sales are derived from vaginal antifungals where the company is the clear leader with value share of 74% for its brand Canesten. Since 2011, Canesten experienced competition from Pharma-Vinci's cheaper brand Canvag. This led to a decline in share, although actual sales continued increasing slowly.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Orifarm is likely to continue its aggressive expansion strategy over the forecast period. Potentially, Orifarm may choose to enter antipruritics, where the company is still not present, with a generic hydrocortisone product. In other categories, Orifarm is likely to continue investing in marketing to support the company's products. The main consequence of its expansion will be dropping sales of branded manufacturers and downward pressure on unit prices, which will restrict growth in dermatologicals in general.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Medicated Skin Care industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Medicated Skin Care industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Medicated Skin Care in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Medicated Skin Care in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- What are the most popular formats for acne treatments?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Dermatologicals in France
- Dermatologicals in the US
- Dermatologicals in Thailand
- Dermatologicals in Israel
- Dermatologicals in Ireland
- Dermatologicals in Japan
- Dermatologicals in Bolivia
- Dermatologicals in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Dermatologicals in Ukraine
- Dermatologicals in South Korea