New Healthcare market report from Euromonitor International: "Dermatologicals in New Zealand"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/16/2014 -- A University of Otago study has found that hospital admissions from infectious diseases have increased significantly during the last 20 years, a trend which is out of sync with other developed countries. The study, published in international medical journal The Lancet, showed that infectious diseases increased by 51% in New Zealand between 1998 and 2008. Most categories of infectious diseases have increased, but the main contributions were from increases in respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal infections. A further review undertaken by the University demonstrated that the increase in infectious diseases was due in part to household overcrowding. Furthermore, data demonstrated that the rate of infection for Maori and Pacific Island households is more than twice that of European/Others, while the rate of infection is almost three times higher for those living in the most deprived neighbourhoods when compared with the least deprived.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Johnson & Johnson Pacific (NZ) Ltd continued to lead dermatologicals with value share of 22% in 2013. The top three brands distributed by the company included Daktarin, Regaine and Nizoral during 2013. Daktarin was the leading topical antifungal brand available in New Zealand during 2013. Indeed, Daktarin held value share of 39% in 2013. Similarly, Regaine held an almost monopolistic position within hair loss treatments during 2013, with 97% value share. Lastly, the company's Nizoral brand was available in both medicated shampoos and topical antifungals during 2013. Within the former, Nizoral 1% held 31% value share, while Nizoral 2% held a 9% value share in 2013. Furthermore, Nizoral Cream was the third ranked topical antifungal brand in 2013, holding 13% value share.
Grocery retailers is expected to grow in importance within dermatologicals over the forecast period, as more and more products/ingredients are reclassified to hold general sales status. As a result, value sales for dermatologicals are expected to be moderate over the forecast period, growing marginally in average terms in constant 2013 prices. Nonetheless, this will still be an improvement on the review period average which marginally declined.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Medicated Skin Care industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Medicated Skin Care industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Medicated Skin Care in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Medicated Skin Care in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- What are the most popular formats for acne treatments?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Antiparasitics/Lice (Head and Body) Treatments, Antipruritics, Cold Sore Treatments, Haemorrhoid Treatments, Hair Loss Treatments, Medicated Shampoos, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Paediatric Dermatologicals, Topical Allergy Remedies/Antihistamines, Topical Antifungals, Topical Germicidals/Antiseptics, Vaginal Antifungals.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Dermatologicals in Ukraine
- Consumer Health in New Zealand
- Dermatologicals in South Korea
- Dermatologicals in France
- Oil Search Limited Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- New Zealand Oil & Gas Limited (NZO) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- The Future of the Haircare Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Papua New Guinea Gas Markets, 2013
- The Future of the Meat Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Elevator and Escalator Market in the GCC 2014-2018