New Pharmaceuticals market report from GBI Research: "Dermatology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Alopecia Market is Forecast to Decline Due to Patent Expiry of Finasteride in 2013 and Weak Pipeline"
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/20/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Dermatology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Alopecia Market is Forecast to Decline Due to Patent Expiry of Finasteride in 2013 and Weak Pipeline". It provides in-depth analysis of the unmet needs, drivers and barriers that affect the global dermatology therapeutics market. The report analyzes the markets for dermatology therapeutics in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Treatment usage patterns, revenue by geographical landscape for the indications covered in the report, and annual cost of treatment are forecast until 2017 for the key geographies and leading therapeutic segments. The report provides branded and generics segmentation in the therapeutic landscape segment. The report analyzes the competitive benchmarking for the leading companies and the mergers, acquisitions and licensing agreements that shape the global markets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the dermatology market will continue to grow at a steady CAGR during the period 2010-2017 compared to the CAGR during 2002-2010. The growth is primarily driven by the increase in the psoriasis market, which is attributed to increased competition among the existing products and a strong pipeline with more emerging therapies. Acne is the largest market segment, accounting for 28.7% of the total dermatology therapeutics market, followed by psoriasis (26.4%), rosacea (14.9%) and atopic dermatitis (9%). The global dermatology market is a highly fragmented market with large players facing tough competition. The forthcoming patent expiries of major drugs have increased the competition, further driving the consolidation. The increasing pressure has also driven companies to enter into licensing agreements to allow them to expand their product portfolio and improve competitive positions in the market.
- Annualized market data for the dermatology therapeutics market from 2002 to 2010, forecast forward to 2017.
- Analysis of the leading therapeutic segments. These include acne, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, rosacea and herpes.
- Analysis of the dermatology therapeutics markets in the leading geographies of the world, which includes the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Market characterization of the dermatology therapeutics market including market size, annual cost of treatment, and treatment usage patterns.
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market.
- Coverage of pipeline molecules in various phases of drug development.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Centocor Ortho Biotech Inc, Amgen, Abbott Laboratories, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coagulation Disorders Market to 2017 - Hemophilia A, the Largest Segment, to Witness a Decline in Growth Rate due to Patent Expiries and Weak Pipeline
- Alopecia Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Musculoskeletal Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Osteoarthritis Market to Decline with Patent Expiry of Celebrex in 2014
- Metabolic Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiry of Lipitor in 2011 will Negatively Impact Dyslipidemia Market Value
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta
- Blood Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries of Lovenox, Plavix, Procrit/Epogen, Aranesp and Neulasta Will Slow Down Growth
- Respiratory Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Novel Pipeline Molecules such as VX-770 and pirfenidone May Offset Negative Effect of Patent Expiries
- Central Nervous System Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Multiple Sclerosis, Major Depressive Disorder and Schizophrenia Accounted for Half the Market Value in 2010
- Erectile Dysfunction - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017