Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/17/2012 -- Devon Energy Corporation (Devon) is one of the largest independent oil and gas companies in North America. The company is primarily engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas resources in the US and Canada. Its exploration and production (E&P) activities in the US are located in the Mid-Continent, Permian Basin, Gulf Coast and the Rocky Mountains regions. Devon's Canadian Operations are located in the Horn River Basin, Deep Basin, Foothills, Central, Northwest and Lloydminster areas and the thermal oil sands projects in Alberta. Earlier, the company was also involved in offshore operations in the Gulf of Mexico and other international markets such as China, Brazil, Azerbaijan and other international locations. However, Devon announced its plan to restructure operations in November, 2009 by concentrating its E&P activities on North American onshore fields and divesting its offshore international operations. The company sold off its non-core offshore operations during Q4 2009-Q2 2011; since then, all its E&P activities are located onshore in North America.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Currently, the Barnett shale and Cana-Woodford shale in the Mid-Continent region, various conventional and unconventional formations in the Permian basin and the Canadian thermal oil sands projects such as the Jackfish and Pike Oil Sands projects are the company's major drivers of production. Moreover, Devon increased its exposure to several oil-rich plays during 2010-2011, of which the major plays include the Mississippian oil play, Rockies Oil plays, Ohioan Utica shale, Tuscaloosa play and the Michigan basin. As of now, these plays are in the initial exploration and evaluation phase. The company also holds several legacy exploratory assets in North America. Its new venture plays and exploratory assets provide the company with access to a substantial resource base, which when developed is expected to bring significant upside to Devon's reserves and production in the long run.
- Key Highlights: This section provides detailed analysis on the company's overall oil and gas value chain, new projects, growth opportunities, new ventures, assets performance, hedging strategies, Capex funding, geographical results of oil and gas operations.
- Goals and Strategies: This section provides the upcoming goals and strategies of the company. The section mainly goals and strategies followed by the company in order to meet its upcoming goals.
- SWOT: The report's SWOT section provides the internal strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of company to reflect its strategic positions in the market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Devon Energy Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Devon Energy Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2011
- Top 20 Large-Cap North America Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies: Financial & Operational Fundamental Analysis and Benchmarking-2012
- Stone Energy Corporation, Company Intelligence Report
- Devon Energy Corporation (DVN) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Devon Energy Corporation (DVN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Duke Energy Corporation - Strategy, SWOT, and Corporate Finance Report
- CMS Energy Corporation - Strategy, SWOT, and Corporate Finance Report
- Energy Future Holdings Corporation - Strategy, SWOT, and Corporate Finance Report
- Duke Energy Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report