New Food research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/15/2012 -- This report analyses the dietary fiber market by geography, applications, and types of dietary fiber. By geography, the report is segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World (ROW). The dietary fiber type segment included in this report is based on popular variants, i.e. Conventional/Novel and Insoluble/Soluble. The applications covered are food and pharmaceutical applications. In various applications the purpose of using dietary fiber may be different and depends on the intended health benefit and the functional characteristics of the fiber; and also on upstream factors like availability of type of dietary fiber and the price it demands. The market is estimated from demand side of the market.
This report estimates the market size of the global dietary fiber market both in terms of volume and value. It discusses market drivers, restraint and opportunity, and price trends. It also includes patent analysis. It also tracks the recent activities of market players in terms of product launches, expansion plans, supply contracts, and partnerships and collaborations. In addition, the top 20 players of the dietary fiber market have been profiled in this report.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The dietary fiber market report covers its consumption across regions. It is analyzed in terms of volume (metric tons) consumed in each region. The increasing awareness about nutritive value of fibers, and its application in functional and convenience health foods, processed and other food sectors and the increasing consumption of dietary fibers in the Asian subcontinent region via supplements are driving the growth in dietary fiber production. Also the drive amongst consumers for health ingredients in food is a key factor behind the rising demand for the same. Dietary fiber has traditionally been considered to be of plant origin. In fact, the original studies determining the physiological effects of consuming diets high in dietary fiber used plant material to increase dietary fiber intakes or assessed populations with significant differences in unprocessed plant material intake. In the context of this report, dietary fiber refers to all raw plant food that have a history of use and/or that have been traditionally processed or cooked. Costs associated with its manufacturing are dependent heavily on the raw material availability, the type of raw material, the stringent measures and techniques used for extraction and the intended use of the extracted dietary fiber. Also the increasing demands for soluble fibers from the supplement market have resulted in shortage of their availability. The resulting high prices of these prime variants of dietary fibers may result in working capital shortages and acting as a restraint for dietary fiber market growth.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Vegetable Oil Market (Edible & Industrial), by Types, Application, Geography & Extraction Methods-Forecasts up to 2017
- Soy Protein Ingredients Market (Soy Isolates, Soy Flour, Concentrates) Market by Types, Applications and Geography - Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2017
- Global Natural Colors and Flavors Market by Types, Applications and Geography: Forecasts up to 2017
- Global Animal Feed Additives by Types, Livestock & Geography - Trends & Forecasts up to 2017
- Global Anti-counterfeit markets in Food & Pharmaceutical applications by geography, technology trends and forecasts (2010-2015)
- Global Modified Starch Market by Raw Materials, Applications & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Global Active, Smart and Intelligent packaging market by products, applications, trends and forecasts (2010-2015)
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Frozen Food Market Analysis By Products Type And By Geography - Trends And Forecasts (2010 - 2015)
- Global Silicone Market by Type, Application & Geography - Forecasts up to 2017