This is an eye opening documentary inspiring young people, to embrace & fight for free speech! Answers the question, is it possible to be fully human without free speech?
London, UK -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/20/2014 -- Is Freedom of Speech one of those nice things to have, but not really necessary for a happy life, a thriving society and a successful economy? Or is it central to who people are as human beings? Is it hard wired into them?
This film, produced by Direct-H (www.direct-h.com), and created by Tarquin Ramsay, is for the present generation with its updates, "likes", tweets and its often cavalier approach to their essential and hard-won freedoms. It will describe the central role this freedom should have in lives and how people must fight and struggle to nurture and retain it.
Through the use of interviews with high profile cases, experts and life stories Tarquin is creating a documentary exploring the truths behind freedom of speech, getting to the core of what it really is, what its like to have freedom taken away, and all the issues surrounding a right everyone takes for granted. The film will study the nature of censorship, hate speech and an important topic currently being heavily debated at the moment; privacy. This film will answer questions such as to what extent should there be limitations on freedom of speech?
Funds raised via Indiegogo will be used to pay for the following expenses.
- Music rights from Audio Network - £500 (creative content rights : music rights and archive footage
- Film festival submissions - £2000
- Creation of packages for educational institutions - £500 (Educational training package which will come equipped with lesson plans, power points and class room activities)
- Finalizing post production costs/ screening costs - £200
- Poster and graphic designs - £800 (Outreach campaign - Poster, graphics, flyers, social screening venue )
This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal. Funding duration: March 15, 2014 - April 14, 2014 (11:59pm PT).
Indiegogo Page: http://bit.ly/1qRkx7s