Wedding preparation is stressful, no doubt about it. There are a lot to take care of, the venue, the bride’s gown and the groom’s suit, the food, invitations, flowers etc – all these have to revolve around the couple’s preferences. No matter how long the preparation time is, it just doesn’t seem ample enough and most couples tend to neglect the importance of music and entertainment. Discosource Professional DJs cites how important music and entertainment is to weddings.
Montmorency, VIC -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/12/2014 -- In reality, no matter how touching and sweet is the couple’s exchange of vows is, this only marks to a few guests most of which are the couple’s relatives. It’s the reception party that leaves a lasting impression. Also the reception party gives the couple time to unwind, no couple wants to have a boring party - the party should be the talk of the town the next day or perhaps the coming weeks.
Here are some very interesting wedding entertainment figures, from well-known sources, about the people’s thoughts after they tied the knot:
- 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.
- 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey.
These statistics were published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine in 2003. Sources include: Simmons, 2001; USA Today, 2002; National Bridal Service, 2001; The Knot, 2002; Brides Magazine, 2001. This rendition of these statistics from the American Disc Jockey Association website adja.org
The above figures go to show that no matter how expensive and luxurious the wedding is, it can be ruined by a cheap and inexperienced DJ or live band. It’s not bad to investment on something that the family and friends and most of all the couple themselves will enjoy and leave a mark to their guests hearts and minds and will create a lasting memory.
Marrying couples who are looking for a dj hire Melbourne, Discosource Professional DJs provide music and entertainment needs to every parties and events.
About Discosource Professional DJs
Discosource DJs are a mobile DJ service providing professional DJs around Australia. Not to be confused with a DJ hire agency, they have their own disc jockeys positioned in each major city. All of their party DJs carry a wide range of music including the top 100 from every single year from 1950 to today! Their DJs for hire come with a complete professional DJ setup including high quality speakers and LED sound activated lighting.