But rest assured Kayal Orthopaedic Center can tackle them all
Westwood, NJ -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/24/2017 -- They've trained hard. They've practiced hard. And they're ready for the fall sports season to begin. So it's heartbreaking when student-athletes' seasons get cut short because of injuries.
Some injured competitors will do whatever it takes to return to the playing field. However, it's important for them to do so safely by following the advice of trained medical experts such as the providers at Kayal Orthopaedic Center, who are sports medicine specialists in Ridgewood, NJ, and throughout Bergen County.
For student-athletes, Kayal Orthopaedic Center is the smart choice for a sports medicine specialist. These elite doctors are experts at diagnosing and treating injuries and conditions that challenge student-athletes.
However, they would prefer to see student-athletes enjoy an injury-free season. The following guidelines are a strong start when it comes to keeping student-athletes safe and injury-free:
1. Visit the doctor before the season starts. That pre-season physical exam may seem like a hassle, but it can reveal health issues such as allergies and asthma that could require a doctor's care.
2. Check out equipment. Make sure to use proper gear that's damage-free and up-to-date. Use of the right equipment improves safety and performance.
3. Stretch it out. It's important to prepare muscles and joints for the strenuous exercise that competitive play demands. Stretching out each muscle group is key.
4. Start slowly and finish slowly. Engage in low-impact exercises, such as walking or taking some practice swings or throws, to warm up muscles and joints before competing and to cool them down after competing. Proper warm-ups and cool-downs help protect muscles from strains and pulls.
5. Keep hydrated. Drinking water and nutrient-rich sports drinks help avoid muscle cramps, exhaustion and other potentially serious health problems. Don't wait to feel thirsty. It could be too late.
6. Don't be a tough guy or girl. The body sends pain signals for a reason, usually because something is wrong. Playing through pain isn't admirable or impressive and it could result in more serious injuries.
About Kayal Orthopaedic Center
Kayal Orthopaedic Center offers the full spectrum of orthopaedic care, including sports medicine in Paramus, NJ, and beyond. The practice is located in Bergen County, NJ, and specializes in minimally invasive surgery, injury prevention, innovative therapies and pain management. Its three convenient New Jersey offices are at: 266 Harristown Road, Suite 107, Glen Rock; 784 Franklin Ave., Suite 250, Franklin Lakes; and 250 Old Hook Road, Suite 401, on the campus of HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley, Westwood. Schedule a same-day appointment by calling 844-281-1783 or contact Kayal Orthopaedic Center by filling out this form.