Dr. Parnes and his team are now offering Gendex Digital X-Rays to their dental patients. “The use of this equipment is important because digital x-rays not only expose our patients and staff to 80% less radiation than typical x-rays, they are also more likely to image potential decay than traditional dental x-rays,” said Dr. Parnes.
Fairport, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/26/2013 -- Digital x-rays allow Dr. Parnes and the rest of the team better visibility of the entire tooth and root structure, as well as surrounding bone and tissue. Dr. Parnes stated “digital x-rays give us the opportunity to detect and diagnose issues before they are visible to the naked eye, and before they can cause significant damage and pain.” Dr. Parnes noted that, "communication with patients is easier because they can see what he sees and the patients like it because it takes less time than traditional x-rays.” In addition, digital x-rays are environmentally friendly because they don’t require chemical fixers and lead foils to develop the x-ray films. The chemical fixers and lead foils are discarded after use. The chemicals go into the public sewer system and the lead goes into the garbage.
To obtain a digital x-ray, a small sensor that is connected to a computer is placed in the mouth. A beam is sent through the teeth to the sensor, which records the image. Dr. Parnes and his staff can immediately view the digital x-rays on a computer screen to review the results. That means there is no more waiting for x-rays to be developed in a dark room. Dr. Parnes can also share the images with his patients so they can see what he is explaining about their oral condition.
Welcome to the Fairport, NY dental office of Jay D. Parnes D.D.S., providing gentle, compassionate, affordable dentistry for the whole family.
At our Fairport dental office you will find:
- Individualized attention – Dr. Parnes sees only one patient at a time so he is able to devote his complete attention to each patient’s unique dental and oral health needs.
- High quality, meticulous care – Dr. Parnes has extensive advanced dental training and employs the latest in dental technology in order to provide his patients the advanced dental care they require for optimum oral health and a beautiful smile.
- Warm and inviting atmosphere – Dr. Parnes and his staff strive to provide a warm and relaxing atmosphere so patients of all ages can be as comfortable as possible during visits to our dental office.
- A dental home – Dr. Parnes and the staff enjoy getting to know all our patients and developing life-long friendships.
- Convenient hours – We understand that your days are busy so our Fairport dental office is open until 8:00 p.m. on Thursdays and open on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
Call now for an appointment at (585) 223-2000 or just fill out our simple online form. Please don’t hesitate to contact Jay D. Parnes, D.D.S. if you have any questions. We are here to help!