Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/11/2012 -- While the general trend in mature markets is for declining average mileage in lieu of higher vehicle ownership ratios per household, the ongoing economic stagnation is causing motorists to seek financial savings by substituting vehicle use, thus decelerating their vehicles' wear rates and as a result reducing consumption of service parts on an annual basis.
- Achieve revenue growth by understanding the forecast sales performance of service parts by country and adjust business development plans accordingly.
- Uncover new distribution opportunities for your products by identifying which types of retailer are most successful in each country and why.
- Improve your product mix and hence revenues by gaining insight into what types of service parts are proving popular, by country and region.
- Formulate market share and channel share objectives for your company using Datamonitor's product and distribution data.
- Develop new strategies to sell your products by understanding where premium and budget brands are most popular, and why.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
There is a growing trend among vehicle manufacturers to provide built-in petrol filters in the tanks of new vehicles that are designed to last as long as the life of the vehicle. While this is not yet commonplace across the market, it is predicted to have a catastrophic effect on the petrol filter aftermarket in the next 10 years.
The value of the spark plug market has remained static, in spite of falling demand. High raw material prices, particularly the precious metals iridium and platinum, are expected to keep manufacturing costs inflated, which in turn will be passed on to the consumer in the form of higher retail prices.
There has been a noticeable shift towards synthetic oils as the most popular type of motor oil amongst consumers, whereas previously lower priced semi-synthetic and mineral oils were the market leaders. As synthetic oils sell at higher retail prices, this will help to keep the value of the market high over the next four years.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which countries have the highest penetration of synthetic oil?
- Which countries are displaying the highest growth rates for glow plugs vs spark plugs?
- What are the consumer behaviors regarding retailer and component brand selection in the European service parts market, by component and country?
- What are the market shares of the key distribution channels for oil, air, cabin, petrol, and diesel filters; ignition plugs; and oil, by country?
- What is the average annual spend by consumers on service parts by component and by country?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Western European Service Parts Market, 2011-15
- European Carbon Market Update
- European Wind Energy Update
- Leading Five Countries in the European Service Parts Market, 2011-15
- Energy Efficient Lamps Market in Europe to 2015 - Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) to Advance in Southern Europe; Halogen Lamps Dominate Northern Europe
- The Future of Construction in Eastern Europe to 2015: Investments for Major International Events and Assistance for EU New Members to Drive Industry Growth
- Leading Five Countries in the European Wear & Tear Parts Market, 2011-15
- Automotive Aftermarket in Eastern Europe
- Emerging Market for Clinical Trials in Poland - Cost Advantages of Nearly 30% as Compared to the US
- Aircraft Parts - Eastern Europe