Los Angeles, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/21/2015 -- EDsmart announces the rankings of the 13 most affordable Community Colleges in California to give students and their parents a chance to decrease student debt.
College debt has increased by 24% over the past ten years where the average debt is now $27,300. When looking for a college to further an education, it is important to take into account the amount of debt students may find themselves in. Community colleges have become a great way to reduce student debt where the average community college tuition fees in California have seen large decreases over the past year.
California has been ranked at 20th place for Transfer and Graduation rates. However, the first-year retention rate stands at 88.4%, placing it 2nd place in the USA.
The best way to earn an education at an affordable cost is to enroll students in Community Colleges that are known to offer inexpensive tuition for education. EDsmart helps people find the best solution by releasing the ranking of top 13 most affordable Californian Community Colleges. The data has been compiled from the schools' websites, as well as from U.S. Department of Education College Affordability and Transparency Center.
These Community Colleges as follows:
1. College of the Siskiyous in Redwood City
2. Saddleback College in Mission Viejo
3. Cañada College in Redwood City
4. MiraCosta College in Oceanside
5. Folsom Lake College in Folsom
6. Sacramento City College in Sacramento
7. San Joaquin Delta College in Stockton
8. American River College in Sacramento
9. Antelope Valley College in Lancaster
10. Barstow Community College in Barstow
11. Barstow Community College in Sacramento
12. Copper Mountain Community College in Joshua Tree
13. Skyline College in San Bruno
For more information on this ranking, please visit http://www.edsmart.org/most-affordable-community-colleges-california/
About The EDsmart.org Community College Ranking
The rankings allow students, parents and counselors to see which education establishments are offering the lowest tuition in California, to give them an informed choice of affordable options.
Name: EDsmart Editor in Chief
Location: Lehi, Utah