Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of EGP-437 (Dry Eye Syndrome) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
EGP-437 (Dry Eye Syndrome) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Dry eye syndrome (DES), or keratoconjunctivitis sicca, is a multifactorial disease of the eye caused by dryness, decreased tear production, or increased tear film evaporation. DES, which is often referred to simply as dry eye, is the most prevalent form of ocular discomfort and irritation. The most common symptoms of DES are ocular irritation and discomfort, foreign body sensation, fatigue, and visual disturbances, which interfere with daily activities. In the elderly population, it is the most common reason for seeking eye care, and this is expected to increase exponentially with an aging demographic.
Eyegate Pharma is developing EGP-437 for the treatment of multiple ocular diseases, including DES, anterior uveitis, scleritis, non-necrotizing anterior scleritis, and corneal graft rejection. EGP-437 is a reformulated dexamethasone phosphate solution that uses a proprietary novel drug delivery system called the EyeGate II Delivery System (EGDS), which is a transcleral iontophoresis delivery platform. Iontophoresis is a non-invasive ocular drug delivery method that involves the application of a mild electrical field to the therapeutic. This increases its penetration into both the anterior and posterior tissues of the eye, while at the same time minimizing systemic distribution and its associated side effects. EGP-437 is a glucocorticoid receptor agonist that has been shown to reduce inflammation by inhibiting cytokines interleukin-6 (IL-6), interleukin-8 (IL-8), and monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1).
- Overview of DES, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on EGP-437 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for EGP-437 for the top two countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for Japan and China.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for DES
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of EGP-437 performance
- Obtain sales forecast for EGP-437 from 2012-2022 in top two countries (Japan and China)
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit