Fast Market Research recommends "Egypt Food & Drink Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/21/2015 -- Egypt is re-establishing its position as the standout growth market for consumer companies in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and we believe this is a good time for food and drink companies to actively pursue expansion in Egypt, be it organically or via acquisitions. The pace of real GDP growth will pick up markedly over the coming years, helped by greater political stability and low base effects.
Our view on the improving outlook for the economy, combined with an improving political scene, is being reflected by increased interest from multinational food and drink companies. In March 2014, The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) announced that it will invest USD500mn into Egypt. This investment will be used to not only increase production capacity for the sizeable domestic population, but also to develop Egypt's role as a regional hub for MENA. Similarly, Saudi Arabia's Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Company announced in February that it plans to spend USD100m to build a fruit juice factory in Egypt, forecast to be ready between 2016 and 2017. Additionally, Egypt Bottling Company (PepsiCo) registered investments of USD270mn in 2014, with total investments over the past three years totalling USD600mn.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
A bidding war for the Egyptian biscuit producer Bisco Misr is taking place between the Kellogg Company and UAE-investor Abraaj. This illustrates the attractiveness of the sector, which holds excellent long-term outlook for growth given the relatively low average levels of food spending per capita currently.
Headline Industry Forecasts
- Total food consumption (local currency) growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014: +12.8%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013-2018: +13.2%.
- Per capita food consumption (local currency) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +11.0%; CAGR 2013-2018: +11.4%.
- Alcoholic drinks value (local currency) sales growth (y-o-y): +18.7%; CAGR 2013-2018: +16.1%.
- Soft drinks value (local currency) sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +15.3%; CAGR 2018: +14.7%.
The Egypt Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Egypt Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Egypt.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Egypt to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Egyptian food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Egypt through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the mass grocery retail market.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMIs Food and Drink Risk Reward Index
BMIs Risk Reward Indices provide investors (food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of a market?s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Qatar Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- France Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Venezuela Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Japan Food & Drink Report Q1 2015