Fast Market Research recommends "Egypt Infrastructure Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/28/2015 -- We have upwardly revised our construction industry forecast real growth for Egypt in 2015 and 2016 to reflect the expansion of the Suez Canal - we now forecast 8.2% and 7.2% real growth, respectively. Our medium-to-longer term outlook remains positive in light of increased political stability, a strong project pipeline, and robust demand for infrastructure.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) as well as development assistance are critical to Egypt's infrastructure development. As political stability and policy clarity, as well as pent-up demand, entice investors back into the country, our Country Risk team expects a significant upswing in FDI inflows into Egypt over the coming quarters. Recent data shows a significant pickup over the past year. According to the Egyptian central bank, net FDI inflows came in at USD6.2bn in FY2014 (fiscal year running from July 2013-June 2014), a 14.2% change over the previous year. We expect this trend to continue as low base effects and relative stability bring investors back into the country after three years of stagnation and decline.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
- Economic growth in Egypt will pick up over the coming quarters on the back of relative political stability. Fixed investment will be the primary driver of growth as a result of greater clarity on the economic policy front. Our Country Risk team forecasts 3.0% GDP real growth in FY2014/15 and 3.8% in FY2015/16.
- Cement production, which we use a proxy for construction activity, continues in an uptrend. We anticipate cement production and consumption to rise on the back of the expansion of the Suez Canal.
- After a speedy approval and tendering process, two contracts for the USD8.5bn Suez Canal expansion have already been awarded. Although we anticipate delays in its completion, the project has prompted an upward revision of our construction industry real growth forecasts for Egypt in 2015 and 2016.
- Despite environmental risk surrounding coal-based...
The Egypt Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Egypt Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Egyptian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Egypt to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Egyptian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Egyptian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Egypt.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments. These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, pipelines and so on).
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (up to 2012) and forecasts to end-2024 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key developments in the market and risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (USDbn); contribution to GDP (%); total capital investment (USDbn); real growth (%).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Greece Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Ukraine Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Oman Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Infrastructure Report Q1 2015