New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/19/2014 -- Egypt's relative political stability will lead to a pickup in growth over the coming quarters, increasing the attractiveness of the pharmaceutical market - for which our forecast has been revised slightly upwards. The government's increased emphasis on developing the pharmaceutical sector and the announced expansion of the Medicare healthcare programme are positive developments this quarter. The challenges faced by pharmaceutical companies wishing to operate in the market are the continued presence of counterfeit medicines, poor patent enforcement and a lack of regulatory data protection.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: EGP16.55bn (USD2.41bn) in 2013 to EGP17.64bn (USD2.48bn) in 2014; +6.6% in local currency terms and 3.2% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards since Q314 in terms of overall market size. Market value in 2013 also revised upwards. Local currency and US dollar growth rates revised downwards from the previous quarter.
- Healthcare: EGP84.76bn (USD12.33bn) in 2013 to EGP95.80bn (USD13.49bn) in 2014; +13.0% in local currency terms and 9.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised slightly upwards from previous quarter in local currency terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q314 in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: Despite the persistent political instability and the associated economic under-performance, Egypt remains a moderately attractive commercial opportunity for multinational pharmaceutical companies. In our Q414 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs) Egypt's score of 46.4 out of 100 is higher than the Q314 score of 45.5. However, its status in the Middle East and Africa region has not improved, and it has dropped to 12thposition, down from last quarter when it was the 11thmost attractive market in the region.
Key Trends And Developments
An estimated 7% of the world's counterfeit drugs were reported to be found in Egypt, with the volume of counterfeit and smuggled drugs...
The Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Egyptian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Egypt to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Egyptian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Egyptian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Egypt.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Greece Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014