New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/02/2013 -- BMI View: With mobile penetration firmly above 100%, growth in Egypt's mobile sector is expected slow over the next few years. However, the prospect of network expansion to underserved areas and launch of MVNO services present upside risks to this outlook. The downtrend in the fixed-line sector will continue during our forecast period, ending 2016, although we expect the strong uptake of broadband and multiplay services to reduce rate of decline.
- After an impressive 10.6% q-o-q growth in the mobile sector in Q112, the market grew by just 0.6% q-oq in Q212.
- The fixed-line sector recorded a surprise 0.8% q-o-q growth in Q212, although the general trend for fixed-line subscriptions is still downwards.
- The number of internet users increased by 1% q-o-q in Q212, according to regulatory data.
- Market average blended ARPU rose by 4.2% q-o-q in Q212 due to increased usage.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Egypt is in 11th position on our Rusk/Reward Ratings (RRR) table this quarter. The country is held back by weak Country Risk and Country Reward scores, mainly due to the political and economic uncertainty in the country for most of 2011 and H112. Although the conclusion of the presidential election and the successful handover of power from the military to an elected government raises the prospect of stability, we do not rule out renewed political tension and economic volatility in the short term.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q4 2012