Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/22/2014 -- Egypt: Universal Licensing to Spur Competition and Double Data Revenue by 2018,' a Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Egypt's converged telecommunications, media and technology sectors based on proprietary data from our research in the Egyptian market. It provides detailed competitive analysis of both the fixed and mobile sectors, tracks the market shares of technologies and services, and monitors the introduction and spread of new technologies. Published annually, this executive study provides a comprehensive view of the Egyptian communications market by analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing upcoming risks factors.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile penetration will reach 124% at the end of 2013 and will generate $5.7bn in service revenue..
- Revenue from fixed broadband services will expand at a CAGR of 6.4% in the 2013-2018 period to reach $488m in 2018.
- Telecom Egypt will be the first operator to receive a universal service license and will start gradually gaining market share within the mobile segment.
- ARPS will continue to decline over the next two years but will start to rebound at the end of 2015 thanks to the increasing uptake of data services.
A new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, "Egypt: Universal Licensing to Spur Competition and Double Data Revenue by 2018," provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Egypt today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Egypt's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Egypt in a regional context: this section includes comparisons of the market size and market trends such as its CAGR with that of other countries in Africa and the Middle East.
- Economic, demographic and political context: this section covers the societal background to market trends, including forecasts and historical figures for population, GDP, GDP per person at PPP, consumer price inflation, and currency exchange rates.
- Regulatory environment: this section discusses factors such as the laws and government bodies regulating the telecom markets, number portability, IPTV and content regulation, licensing and spectrum awards, national broadband plans and regulation of 4G introductions.
- Demand profile: this section forecasts market and segment revenues, with CAGRs and forecast totals provided for various market segments, such as mobile data, broadband Internet access, pay-TV and fixed VoIP.
- Service evolution: this section breaks down market revenue in 2013 and 2018 into fixed versus mobile revenues as well as into voice, data and video revenues.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Telecom Egypt, Mobinil, Vodafone Egypt, Etisalat Misr.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Teleprotection Market - By Product Type (Teleprotection units, Communication Network Technology, Software, Services), Components (IED, Interface Device, SCADA), Applications (Power, Telecom) and Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)
- Millimeter Wave (MM Wave) Market - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)
- Home Automation & Controls Market by Product (Lighting Control, Security Control, Access Control, HVAC Control, Entertainment Control, Outdoor Control, Communication Protocols, Standards & Data Distribution) & Geography (2013 - 2018)
- Cameroon: 3G Licensing and New MVNO to Boost Competition and Mobile Data Revenue
- Europe Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Market (2013 - 2018)
- Hardware Encryption Market - By Algorithms (AES, RSA), Architectures (FPGA, ASIC), Products (Hard Disk Drives, USB Drives and In-Line Encryptors), Applications, Verticals and Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)
- Laser Processing Market (2013 - 2018)
- Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Market (Software Defined Storage (SDS); Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Compute/Server, Network Virtualization Security) - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Market in Asia-Pacific to 2018 - Positive Impact of Government Support Offset by Limited Production Capacity, High Investment and Strict Regulations as Barriers to New Entrants
- Asia-Pacific Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Market (2013 - 2018)