Recently published research from Datamonitor, "Emerging Food and Drinks Markets: the CIVETS", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/10/2013 -- Like the BRICs, the CIVETS - which consists of Colombia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Turkey, and South Africa - share underlying foundations, such as large, young, growing populations and relative political stability. This report measures and analyzes the opportunities within these states in the alcoholic drinks, dairy, bakery and cereals, soft drinks, savory snacks, and confectionery categories.
Scope of this Report
- Examine the value and growth of the alcoholic drinks, dairy, bakery and cereals, soft drinks, snacks, and confectionery markets in each country.
- Assess the market attractiveness of the major markets using our proprietary ranking of each country.
- Examine how market size/growth, per capita spend, population, market intensity, commercial infrastructure, and social structure drive attractiveness.
- Identifies key trends in each market, indicating levels of innovation and NPD opportunities for food and drinks manufacturers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Of the six food and beverage categories analyzed in this report, alcoholic beverages takes the lead with its $31.2bn market (in 2011), followed by bakery and cereals and dairy with $25.7bn and $17.8bn, respectively. This is despite the alcoholic drinks industry seeing limited growth among Muslim-dominated countries like Indonesia.
While Vietnam has one of the lowest per capita spends on food and beverages, the country will register the fastest growth over the forecast period to reach $100 in per capita expenditure by 2015. This presents food and drink manufacturers with a compelling argument for investment.
Of the six categories examined, soft drinks has the highest growth rate, with approximately 7.6% growth expected during the forecast period. Turkey accounts for over 50% of the category's value in the CIVETS, with increased sales of carbonates and bottled water driving the growth.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the most attractive emerging food and drinks markets in the CIVETS and what are the key market drivers?
- Which of the six countries present the most opportunity/risk for food and drinks manufacturers?
- Which food and drinks categories are most attractive and which trends are most apparent?
- How do the individual countries of the CIVETS group compare as investment opportunities?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Consumer Foodservice Survey 2011: Trends in Workplace Catering and Consumer Expenditure
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in Food and Beverage Industry
- Food and Grocery Retailing in Emerging Markets to 2016: Market Guide
- Drinks Retailing in Emerging Markets: Market Guide to 2016
- Specialist Retailers in Emerging Markets to 2016: Market Guide
- Food and Grocery Retailing in Emerging Asia: Market Guide to 2016
- Food and Grocery Retailing in Emerging Europe: Market Guide to 2016
- Food and Drinks Specialists in Emerging Asia: Market Guide to 2016