Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/03/2014 -- Endometriosis is a gynecological disorder affecting women of childbearing age. This inflammatory condition is characterized by the growth of endometrial tissues outside of the uterus, and can cause chronic painful menstruation, painful intercourse, and infertility. For many women, endometriosis-associated pain can be so debilitating that it affects their ability to perform daily functions and significantly deters their quality of life.
Get a report details @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/eclinical-solutions-market-ctms-cdms-edc-ivrs-epro-irb-systems-global-trends-opportunities-forecasts-2012-2017-market-report.html .
The KOL’s agree- patients with endometriosis have significant unmet needs due to the lack of approved treatment options that have both continuous efficacy and a favorable long-term safety profiles. Although the KOLs are optimistic about the potential approval of GnRH antagonists, they still foresee that unmet needs will persist. Being orally active is a major benefit for GnRH antagonists. As such GlobalData foresees they will rapidly shift market share away from GnRH agonists. However their price will limit penetration in other patient segments. Ultimately, since none of the marketed, off-label, or pipeline drugs are curative, significant opportunity will remain for safe, efficacious therapies that target the root cause of the condition.
In 2012, the global market was largely dominated by the US, with sales of $1.1bn. Combined sales in the 5EU were estimated to be $137.6m. By 2017, GlobalData forecasts global endometriosis therapeutics sales to grow slowly to $1.2bn at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.19%.
- Overview of endometriosis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized endometriosis therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and top line US and 5EU market forecasts from 2012 to 2017.
- Key topics covered include: strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the endometriosis therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global endometriosis therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Buy a report copy @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=146887 .
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/104156468549256253075/posts