Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/11/2015 -- Gaucher Disease (GD) is a rare, inherited lysosomal storage disorder (LSD) that is classified into three forms - Types 1, 2, and 3 - which are distinguished by their symptoms, severity, and neurological involvement. GD affects the ability of cells to break down a specific type of fat, glucocerebroside (GC), as a result of the deficiency or limited activity of the enzyme glucocerebrosidase (GCase). This leads to the harmful accumulation of GC, which is also known as glucosylceramide, in the lysosomes, most commonly in the macrophages and monocytes, throughout the body. The most significant difference between the three types of GD is whether or not there is neurological involvement.
View Full Report at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/487693
Epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of Type 1 GD in the 7MM will increase from 12,036 cases in 2014 to 13,006 cases in 2024, with the majority of cases occurring in the US and Israel. Types 2 and 3 GD are even more rare than Type 1, with only 121 cases of Type 2 and 613 cases of Type 3 across the 7MM in 2014. GlobalData epidemiologists predict that the total prevalent cases of Type 2 GD in the 7MM will increase from 121 cases in 2014 to 125 cases in 2024, and that the total prevalent cases of Type 3 GD in the 7MM will increase from 613 cases in 2014 to 640 cases in 2024. The disease affects men and women in equal numbers across the 7MM.
GlobalData epidemiologists used the available data on GD to the best extent possible to provide the most insightful epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases and type-specific cases of the disease in the 7MM. GlobalData epidemiologists conducted an exhaustive literature review, and used the most appropriate prevalence estimates. For Israel, where there is a high concentration of Ashkenazi Jews, GlobalData epidemiologists segmented the population into the general population and the Ashkenazi Jewish population, and used population-specific prevalence estimates for the forecast. This provides a more accurate estimate of the prevalence of GD in Israel, considering the higher disease prevalence among the Ashkenazi Jews as compared with the general population. For this forecast, GlobalData epidemiologists used a total GD prevalence estimate, which provides a truer picture of the disease burden within the 7MM.
Download Sample Copy of this Report at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/487693
- The Gaucher Disease (GD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of GD in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Israel). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the total prevalent cases of Type 1, 2, and 3 GD, segmented by age and sex in these markets.
- The GD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The GD EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global GD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global GD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for GD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of GD prevalent cases by disease type.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports, supporting clients' market intelligence needs with over 100,000 market research reports, company profiles, data books, and regional market profiles in its repository. We also offer consulting support for custom market research needs.
Our document database is updated by the hour, which means that our customers always have access to fresh data spanning over 300 industries. From Fortune 500 companies to SMEs, MarketResearchReports.biz has built a veritable reputation for fulfilling the most exacting market research needs.
Nachiket Ghumare, +1-518-621-2074
USA-Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948