New Pharmaceuticals research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/03/2012 -- In 2021, approximately 8.3 million adults with Alzheimer's disease will be living in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). A substantial proportion of these elderly adults will live in the US and Japan, where the prevalence of Alzheimer's disease is highest.
- Gain insight into market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of Alzheimer's disease prevalent cases.
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated with Alzheimer's disease.
Because of the recent changes in ICD coding to eliminate confusion created by the overlap of the previous categories, earlier estimates are likely to have underestimated the prevalence of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
Alzheimer's disease will continue to affect a large number of people in all of the major markets, with more than 8 million prevalent cases in the seven major markets in 2021.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In Japan, women are more likely to have Alzheimer's disease than men; however, this may be the result of differential survival rates between genders with increasing age, as this effect has not been observed in other markets.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- What are the most robust sources for Alzheimer's disease prevalence data?
- How will the patient population change over the next decade in the seven major markets?
- What are the major risk factors for Alzheimer's disease that drive the trends in prevalent cases and how are they changing?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Epidemiology: Dyslipidemia - Undertreated and underdiagnosed pandemic
- Epidemiology: Osteopenia and Osteoporosis - On the rise as the aging population grows
- Epidemiology: Stroke - Aging global population leads to more incident cases of stroke
- Epidemiology: Alzheimer's Disease
- Stakeholder Insight: COPD in Emerging Markets (Brazil, India, China, US) - Key differences in treatment despite standardized guidelines
- Epidemiology: Urinary Incontinence
- Pipeline Insight: Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Varied drug targets to broaden future therapy options
- Epidemiology: HIV - Antiretrovirals prevail as patient population grows
- Epidemiology: Depression - A significant economic burden on society and the individual
- Epidemiology: Autism Spectrum Disorders