Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/06/2012 -- In 2010, Datamonitor estimates that there were about 55.7 million total prevalent cases of chronic low back pain in people aged 18 and over in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). The majority of cases were in those aged between 40 and 59.
- Gain insight into market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of chronic low back pain prevalent cases.
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated with chronic low back pain.
Between 2010 and 2020, Datamonitor expects to see an increase in the number of total prevalent cases of chronic low back pain in those aged 18 and over in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), from 55.7 million cases to 59.1 million cases. Japan will be the only country to witness a decrease in cases.
Datamonitor estimates that the largest number of cases of chronic low back pain will be in those aged between 40 and 59, the age group in which low back pain is most prevalent. Of the prevalent cases in men, 45% will be in this age group; in women, 43% of cases will be in this age group
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the most robust sources for chronic low back pain prevalence data?
- How will the patient population change through to 2020 in the US, Japan, and the five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK)?
- How do changes in population structure and risk factors affect the trend in prevalent chronic low back pain cases?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Osteoarthritis Market to Decline with Patent Expiry of Celebrex in 2014
- Back Pain Global Clinical Trials Review, Q1, 2011
- Evolution in the Pain Therapy Drugs Market: Nociceptive and Neuropathic Drug Development
- Back Pain - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Back Pain - Pipeline Review, H2 2011
- Prescribing Trends in Opioids - Driven by Efficacy Advantages, Opioids to Remain the Mainstay of Breakthrough Pain Management
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta
- The Pain Market Outlook to 2016
- Chronic Pain - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Chronic Pain - Pipeline Review, Q2 2011