New Pharmaceuticals market report from Datamonitor: "Epidemiology: Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Early diagnosis and improved survival lead to increased patient populations"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/26/2012 -- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs) are mainly composed of three chronic diseases; Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and indeterminate colitis. Although the etiology of inflammatory bowel disease is largely unknown, the incidence of IBD has substantially increased in the past decade.
- Gain insight into market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis prevalent cases.
- Gain insights into the current and future prevalent trends of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in the next 10 years.
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated with inflammatory bowel diseases.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Since the 1950s, the overall incidence of IBD has gradually increased, although the increase in the incidence of ulcerative colitis (UC) precedes the increase in Crohn's disease (CD) by approximately 15-20 years.
Across the seven major markets, Datamonitor estimates that in 2011 there were approximately 913,000 and 1.7 million prevalent cases of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, respectively.
Between 2011 and 2021, Datamonitor estimates that prevalent cases of both Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis will increase.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How will the IBD patient population change over the next decade in the seven major markets?
- What are the estimated prevalent cases of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in the seven major markets?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Product Profiles: Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Products compete for underserved patient groups
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Global Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2012
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Global Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2011
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Global Clinical Trials Review, Q1, 2011
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Pipeline Review, Q2 2011
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Pipeline Review, H2 2011
- R&D Trends: Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Unmet needs fuel diverse pipeline
- Celgene Corporation (CELG) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Epidemiology: HIV - Antiretrovirals prevail as patient population grows
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)