Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/30/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Estrace (Postmenopausal Vaginal Atrophy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
Estrace (Postmenopausal Vaginal Atrophy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Although the postmenopausal vaginal atrophy (PVA) market has experienced anemic growth over the past decade, it is expected to undergo a considerable change between 2012 and 2022. This market has historically had a large untreated population due to: low diagnosis rates, safety issues with the existing therapies, and poor patient compliance. Since the mainstay estrogen-based therapies are associated with causing elevated risk for breast cancer, endometrial cancer, and stroke, many women go untreated.
Warner Chilcotts Estrace Cream gained US regulatory approval in 1984. The company reported global sales for Estrace of $195m in 2012. Actavis significantly augmented its HRT portfolio in 2013 with its acquisition of Warner Chilcott. Through this merger, Actavis gained both Estrace cream and Estrace oral. The active ingredient in Estrace cream is estradiol, and therefore, the drug works by binding to nuclear receptors in estrogen-responsive tissues in order to replace natural estrogen.
- Overview of PVA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Estrace including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Estrace for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for PVA
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Estrace performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Estrace from 2012-2022 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan)
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit